chapter 18

Elysia and Luna who were crouched behind a barricade of rocks, hidden amidst the lush foliage that surrounded the secluded waterfall. The sound of rushing water echoed through the air, creating a serene and calming atmosphere. Raven perched on Elysia shoulders

Peering through the gaps in the rocks, Elysia and Luna observed a gathering of various groups, their tense expressions hinting at their shared anticipation. Excitement and curiosity radiated from the crowd as they gathered around the edge of the pristine pool, their eyes fixated on the waterfall, not yet aware of the danger that lay beneath.

Suddenly, the crowd's hushed anticipation transformed into a cacophony of gasps and horrified screams. Elysia's heart skipped a beat as she saw two members from the first group hesitantly descend into the clear pool. Unbeknownst to them, they were stepping into a perilous trap.

As the water engulfed their bodies, a surge of darkness engulfed them. Tentacles, black as night, sprung forth from the depths, wrapping themselves menacingly around the ill-fated adventurers. Their terrified cries pierced the air, their struggle futile against the unseen force that mercilessly dragged them down into the abyss.

Elysia and Luna exchanged horrified glances, their breaths caught in their throats. The crowd's euphoria transformed into sheer terror, as they watched in disbelief. Panic spread like a wildfire, groups frantically scrambling for safety as they realized the treacherous fate that awaited them.

Nobody would have expected that such a thing resided in the pool that seemed so pure.

While the other groups was retreating in panic, the group who lost two of their members stood there as if unaffected, when suddenly they charged forward, their elements at the ready. The first person, a sorcerer with the fire element conjured a blazing inferno, directing its scorching heat towards the monster. But to their horror, the tentacled creature absorbed the flames effortlessly, growing stronger with each lick of fire.

Wild-eyed panic replaced the initial confidence as the group desperately cast their elemental abilities upon the monster.

Slowly other group regained their wits and joined the assaults but with each failed attempt, the monster's strength magnified, its hideous form expanding with terrible prowess. One by one, the groups recognized the futility of their efforts, their hearts sinking as they realized their very powers were being turned against them.

The raging battle took a gruesome turn as the monster seized its opportunity. Its tentacles struck with speed and precision, tearing through flesh and bone with brutal force. One unfortunate elementalist, a nimble looking man armed with blades of ice, found himself helplessly ensnared, the monster's grip growing tighter with every struggle until his body crumpled to the ground, lifeless and broken.

Drained of hope, the remaining groups retreated in scattered panic, their faces pale with terror. The once-bold elementalist of the first group could only watch in disbelief as their comrades fell, their elemental powers useless and absorbed by the monster. Fear gripped their heart, urging them to abandon their futile fight against this unknowable horror.

  A dreadful chill raced down their spine as they realized that this was a foe beyond their comprehension, an adversary who absorbed their very essence.

With trembling hands and unrestrained panic, the survivors disappeared into the forest, the agonizing cries of their fallen companions echoing in their ears.

Elysia and Luna who watched all this in horror silently thanked their stars for not impulsively acting.