chapter 15

Barbara stood eagerly at the entrance of the arcade, her eyes scanning the crowd for her friends Jean, Amber, Sucrose, Lumine, and Fischl. After a few moments of anticipation, she spotted them making their way towards her, their faces filled with excitement. With joyful greetings and laughter, they entered the arcade together, ready for a day of fun.

As they explored the arcade, they tried their hand at various games, competing against each other with friendly banter and cheers. They laughed, cheered, and celebrated each other's victories, creating a lively and vibrant atmosphere.

In between games, they took breaks to catch their breath and chat about various topics. They shared stories, discussed their favorite games, and exchanged recommendations for new ones to try. The arcade became a hub of laughter and camaraderie as they bonded over their shared love for gaming.

After spending a few hours at the arcade, they decided to continue the fun at Amber's house. They gathered in her living room, brainstorming ideas for their next adventure. Eventually, they settled on playing a game of truth or dare, knowing it would bring laughter and excitement.

When it was Barbara's turn, Amber's mischievous grin hinted at an interesting question to come. "Truth or dare, Barbara?" she asked, her eyes twinkling with anticipation. Barbara, feeling a mix of nerves and curiosity, chose truth.

Amber's question caught Barbara off guard. "Do you have a crush on Venti?" she asked, her voice filled with playful curiosity. Barbara's heart skipped a beat, her mind racing to find the right words. She hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to respond.

With a kind smile, Barbara replied, "No, I don't." Her friends looked at her with surprise, their eyebrows raised in disbelief. Lumine and Sucrose exchanged knowing glances, aware that Barbara's response didn't reflect her true feelings. Jean and Amber, however, didn't think much of it, accepting Barbara's answer at face value.

As the day came to an end, they bid each other farewell, their hearts filled with the joy of a day well spent. They walked home, their laughter echoing through the streets as they reminisced about the fun they had shared.

Barbara, reflecting on the events of the day, felt a mix of emotions. While she cherished the time spent with her friends, she also acknowledged the complexity of her feelings for Venti. She knew that one day, when the time was right, she would find the courage to share her true emotions.

As she settled into bed, Barbara's mind was filled with gratitude for the friendships she had and the memories they had created together. She drifted off to sleep, knowing that no matter what challenges or confessions awaited her, her friends would always be there to support and uplift her.