chapter 25

Once upon a time, in a bustling city, Barbara and her friends Amber, Jean, and Sucrose were eagerly preparing for the upcoming Christmas party. They were roommates, sharing a cozy apartment that was about to be transformed into a winter wonderland.

Amber was in charge of the Christmas lights, her fingers deftly untangling the colorful strands and draping them around the room. Jean, on the other hand, was responsible for the Christmas tree. She carefully positioned it in the corner of the living room, making sure it was straight and sturdy. Sucrose, the artistic one, took on the task of decorating the tree and other items around the apartment. Together, they turned their humble abode into a festive haven, their excitement for the holiday season palpable in the air.

The next day, they woke up to the early morning sun streaming through the windows and the loud alarm clock ringing in their ears. As they shuffled into the kitchen, they were surprised to see Fishcl, a close friend, and Barbara cooking breakfast.

Jean, still rubbing the sleep from her eyes, asked in a soft, tired voice, "Oh Fishcl, I didn't expect you to be here?"

Fishcl, flipping a pancake in the pan, looked up and replied, "Oh, Barbara said I should help her cook for you all and join you for breakfast. Is there a problem with me being here?"

Jean, taken aback, quickly reassured him, "Oh no! I just didn't expect you to be here so early in the morning!"

Before Fishcl could respond, Amber burst into the kitchen, drawn by the delicious smell of pancakes. Sucrose, the late sleeper of the group, was still in bed. Barbara, stirring the pancake batter, informed them of this as they all gathered around the kitchen table.

After a hearty breakfast, they got ready for school. They put on their uniforms, grabbed their bags, slipped on their shoes, and headed out the door. When they arrived at their class, they found their teacher, Miss Nahida, waiting for them, a furious look on her face. They had lost track of time and were late. They sat down in shame as Nahida continued her lesson.

After a long day at school, they returned to their apartment. Barbara, Jean, and Amber decided to cook dinner together, while Sucrose, still tired from the day, went to bed early. As the night fell, they enjoyed their meal, their laughter echoing through the apartment, a testament to their strong friendship. The day ended on a high note, their hearts filled with joy and anticipation for the Christmas party.