Home Sweet Home

Jon's POV
What a malarkey it's been over the last few days! I've had to prove that I will be okay and better off being at home instead of some mental health hospital. Thankfully, Jordan has been fighting in my behalf reassuring that he will be there as we share a house together. Keli-Anne has stayed away but Jordan has been telling me how she has been asking about me. I need to start taking responsibility for my own actions and make sure that I treat her much better. All I've done is treat her like dirt and she deserves to be treated like a queen. I think my jealousy is slipping away as I'm learning to be thankful for Jordan taking care of her. I don't deserve to breathe the same air as Keli-Anne or Jordan to be honest and don't get pissy at me; I'm not going to do anything to myself like before, I'm acknowledging my wrongdoings. I do need to figure out how to make it up to her, to the both of them.
Today is the day I finally get discharged from the hospital and I can't wait to get back home. I'm waiting for my brother to arrive. The nurse is helping me pack up my belongings when he does finally show up. "Hey, you got everything sorted?" He greets me. I watch the nurse as she tries to bat her lashes at him. I've noticed how she does it every time he is here. She purposely pushes her chest up and out. "Yeah, all ready bro. Cheers for coming to pick me up though." I tell him. "Hmm, yeah thank you for coming Jordan. Been, I mean he's eager for you." The nurse says. I stifle from laughter. Could she be any clearer on her flirtation towards him?! "Thanks nurse, we appreciate your professionalism and for taking care of us." I tell her as we walk out of the room that I've been residing in for the last however many weeks I've been in here. She blushes. She goes to give me hug which I allow but keep my distance to a certain extent, and she kisses Jordan on both of his cheeks. Then she giggles like an awkward schoolgirl. All the staff on the ward wave us goodbye as we leave.

I take a deep breath as soon as I'm outside

I take a deep breath as soon as I'm outside. "What the hell was that in there?" I hear Jordan mutter to himself and I end up cackling loudly. "I'm surprised she didn't start stripping." He looks at me dumbfounded. "Huh, why, was she okay?" I laugh some more. He really is head over heels for Keli-Anne that he can't see when a girl is throwing herself at him, like literally. "Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if she did end up coming with you in mind?!" His mouth forms the O shape. "Is she not always like that?" God help me here, ha! "Only when you came to visit me. Did you not notice how she was literally all over you compared how distant she was with me?" I watch his face as it dawns on him the realisation of her hitting on him. He curses. "Remind me to scrub my face when we get home. Why did I not see that?!" He palms his head in disgust. "You're in love so you won't see it." His eyes turn to face me. "Jon, you don't have to say that if it hurts you." I briefly close my eyes as I grapple with the thought of her maybe being in love with him too. "She feels the same way. It's okay. You both deserve to be happy. Can I ask you something?" He nods and motions for me to ask my question. "Do you think she will fall in love with me too?" His hand goes to squeeze my shoulder. "I think she wants to. She has so much love inside of her. It would be amazing if and when she does." I smile, with my heart full of hope. I watch his face but I can tell he's being sincere. He tells me he needs to stop off at the grocery store on the way back. That's what we do. I stay in the car while he ventures inside the store. I'm glad we have vehicles that have black tinted windows.

As we pull up outside our house, a whole bunch of emotions hit me at once

As we pull up outside our house, a whole bunch of emotions hit me at once. I grip onto the edge of my seat. "Jon, you okay?" Jordan climbs out of the car and walks round to my side. He kneels down and waits with me. "I'm okay. Let's get inside." I take a deep breath and move to climb out, thankfully Jordan has gotten up to unlock the front door. I grab my backpack and he grabs my bigger bag. I head straight up to my room. "I, err, I cleaned up in there. I didn't know if it would be triggering for you if you saw it as you left it." He points to my en-suite bathroom. I nod and walk to the said room. I glance around the room. I relieve myself on the toilet while I'm in here.
I head to the kitchen to get a drink, and Jordan is leaning on the island counter tapping on his phone. There's a smile on his face, which he tries to hide when he notices me glancing at him. "Keli-Anne?" I ask. He nods. "Don't hide your happiness, Jordan. So don't worry, okay?" He sends a small smile my way. He asks me if I have my phone on me and I try to remember where I put it before I left the hospital. Then I put my hand in my pocket and find it there. I take it out and switch it on. I bust myself making cups of tea and coffee for me and Jordan. Then we go to relax in the living room.
It's early in the evening now and we've both been chilling out in front of the television together. It's been a hell of a long time since we've done this and it's kinda nice. It's giving us the chance to rebuild our brotherly relationship and bring our bond closer again. The way he's being so sensitive towards me and how mature he is behaving is really admirable. I'm finding myself respecting him so much more. Sitting here gazing at him realising that an incredible man he is causing me to shed a tear. I curse to myself. At hearing me cursing, Jordan glances my way with his brow raised. Then my phone alerts me to a message. It's a video message.

I open it up

I open it up. "Hi Jon, I hear that you're now home. I hope you're taking it easy. I'm going to give you a few days at least to settle in before I see you. Unless you want me to come over but only when you're ready. I don't want to make the same mistake as last time. You and Jordan take good care of each other, okay?" How on earth can she still be so sweet and thoughtful despite what an ass I've been towards her, she's an angel. An angel that I've been blessed with. When Jordan comes over to pull me into a hug, I hadn't realised that I'd been shedding more tears. "What's all the tears, bro?" He asks me, with no hint of judgement laced in his question. "I'm not a complete robot, Jordan." He snickers at me. "Hey, I'm not knocking it. Just concerned about you. It's not like you, that's all."

I slap him on the back of his shoulder causing him to curse at me

I slap him on the back of his shoulder causing him to curse at me. "Alright man." I tell him. "Still a dick then." He mutters with the corners of his mouth turned upwards. Then I call him a few chosen curse word names, making him laugh which ends up causing me to laugh with him. "It's good to have you back though, Jonathan. I've missed this." I look at him with my brow arched at him. "Now who's being emotional?!" I tease him. He sticks his middle finger up at me and I smirk in return.