27: D'arby the gambler ~2~

Previously on part 1:

"Get your cards ready, we're gonna play poker."

_______

"Before we start I wanna check something. Shuffle the cards." Jitaro said.

Barbie shuffled the cards and placed them in the middle of the table.

"They're shuffled. Now what?" The gambler asked.

"The last 10 cards and I'll name them to you in order." Jotaro then told him.

He did as he was told and then Jotaro started naming all of the cards in order. And ofcurse he got them all right.

The gambler was stunned as he quickly put the cards on the table.

"It won't be that easy to cheat while having me as your opponent." Jotaro said while shooting daggers at the man sitting infront of him.

Jotaro took the deck and inspected the cards one by one. Nothing seemed unusual so he just gave D'arby the cards and the game began.

The gambler shuffled, Jotaro cut and then again the gambler started dealing.

At the second or third card, Star Platinum suddenly broke D'arby's finger.

The gambler screamed in pain.

"Jotaro, what happened? Why did you break his finger?" I asked.

"Take a close look at the deck in his hands." Jotaro pointed at the cards.

And indeed, the second card was sticking out, meaning he was about to grab that one instead of the first one.

"I told you, you wouldn't be able to cheat with me as an opponent. I can't let you deal again. What about that boy on that hill?" Jotaro said and we all looked at the boy playing with a ball.

"Good" Barbie said and his stand came out. It made 5 more of Pol's and Joseph's chips. "Jotaro. I haven't heard you say it yet."

"Alright, I'll bet my soul." The gambler gave Jotaro a few white chips.

D'arby told the kid to come to the table and he gave him the cards.

The kid began dealing and the game began.

They each got their 5 cards. Jotaro asked for 3. I didn't really pay attention to the game, I just wanted to see who would win the round.

Jotaro called, they both placed their cards on the table and started naming them.

D'arby had won and took the chips.

Jotaro only had 3 chips left and that's when I started to get nervous.

The game went on. They did the same thing they did before. Only Jotaro didn't look at his cards. Instead he left them upside-down on the table.

"What's wrong, Jotaro? Aren't you gonna take a look at the cards?" D'arby said pointing at the cards.

"These cards will do." Jotaro left us all shocked.

"What? How can you play when you didn't even look at your cards?" Barbie asked, getting mad.

"Hey, Avdol, can you do me a favor?" Jotato asked Avdol.

"Answer me, Jotaro!" Barbie shouted.

"These cards will do. I bet all three of these and avdols soul." Jotaro placed another 6 white chips on the table.

Darb'y then bet all of his chips, wich where more than Jotaro's.

Jotaro then signed a contract and bet Kakyoin's soul too.