ONE

Y/N POV

--------------------------------+

"These are your lunches, okay? Now, I put a dollar in there so you can buy some milk. You can ask one of the big kids where to do that."

"Do you remember your phone numbers? I wrote it down for you, just in case. Put it in your pockets, I don't want you to lose it."

Mum and Dad look at us lovingly, wait, hold on, I haven't actually introduced who 'us' is. Let me do that quickly.

I am Y/n Heron, and me and my sister, Cady Heron, have been home-schooled in Africa for all of our life up until this point where we are both going to experience high school together.

I am scared shitless, Cady seems mostly fine but I know she's good at hiding when she's about to piss herself.

"Okay?.... You ready? Mum asks with a light chuckle

"I think so." Cady answers, smiling brightly, I just nod, which means that I'm not.

Mum suddenly grabs us both as Dad holds up a camera.

"Cady and Y/n's big day!" He says, taking the photo, I definitely blinked.

Mum suddenly engulfes us in a big hug, catching us both off guard. I take it that the second photo is the less flattering.

--------------------------------+

You know it's going to be an amazing first day at school when you have a near death experience.

Just as Cady and I were about to cross the road over to the school a big, bright, yellow school bus speeds past us. I get more scared by the scream my mum let out.

Cady reassures them that we're fine and we continue walking.

It is absolutely bonkers here.

There's a fucking fire outside! Why are people setting their things on fire on the first fucking day!? I'm gonna be sick.

I pull out my paper schedule I will most definitely need all year and look at my first class "What do you have?" I ask.

Cady smiles "Same thing! Come on let's go." She grabs my arm and starts dragging me "don't touch me, I'm not in the mood for touching." I warn.

--------------------------------+

We walk in and I find the first open seat I can find and sit down while Cady talks to the teacher- nope, not a teacher, that is a student, that is also very embarrassing.

After Cady embarrasses herself even more by bumping into the actual teacher and spilling coffee all over her. Poor Cady, this probably couldn't get any worse for her.

The principal introduces Cady and I, well, more like he says we're here and then walks out after eyeing the teachers breasts... Is this seriously what schools are like?

--------------------------------+

The majority of the rest of the day went smoothly, Cady had it rough though, I just sat down and kept quiet, I felt bad for Cady.

There's one class that I had, human rights, I was sitting next to this guy, his name was Brian I think. He talked to me about video games, I think I might ask for a Gameboy for Christmas.

Lunch rolls around and me and Cady get our food, I start walking away when Cady stops me.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"The bathroom?"

"Why?"

"Why am I going to the bathroom?

"Yeah?"

"Do you have any friends to eat lunch with?"

"...No-"

"Yeah."

"But I can make some."

"Good luck."

After a couple minutes of sitting in a cubicle and eating I hear the door open and Cady's voice

"It was worth a shot."

--------------------------------+

I let out a deep sigh of relief when we came back home, mum and dad were waiting for us on the varanda.

"Hey. How was your first day?" Dad asks.

Cady makes a face and storms off, I sit with mum and dad.

"Don't worry, she's just all pissy cause she embarrassed herself every five seconds." I say, stretching as I sat.

"Hey. Kind language." Mum warns.

"What happened?" Dad asks, concerned.

"A lot... Uh, I think I made a friend" I say, thinking. "No. Actually I didn't, I talked to someone though."

"Oh! That's great!" Dad starts "Is she nice?"

"He was nice, yeah. He told me about this cool gaming thing, a Gameboy, I think I might ask Santa for one." I wink and then before standing up.

"I'm gonna go check on Cady." I say before walking away.

--------------------------------+

A/N: That was the first chapter, I promise you, Regina will be in the second chapter.