THREE

WARNING: There is a slur in this chapter, the one in the burn book. Just a heads up.

--------------------------------+

The next day, I wear the only pink thing I own. These big pink pants. I put them on with a belt, so they don't fall down and put just a plain shirt on. I'm at school to learn not to walk the runway, although some may think otherwise.

Cady and I got to learn all the fun rules that the plastics have. I don't really pay much attention to what Gretchen is saying.

"You can't wear a tank top two day in a row, and you can only wear your hair in a ponytail once a week... So, I guess you chose today." Gretchen smiles at Cady and I. Fake.

"Oh, and we only wear jeans or track pants on Fridays." Gretchen adds. Okay, now I'm listening. I lift my head and stare at her with a shocked expression on my face.

"You're kidding." I speak. All the plastics look at me. Ah, eye contact. I clear my throat and adjust how I'm sitting. "I mean, you're kidding, that's totally reasonable..." I correct myself.

"Hm... Now, if you break any of these rules, you can't sit with us at lunch. I mean, not just you guys but, like, any of us." Gretchen explains further. "Okay, like, if I was wearing jeans today, I would be sitting over there with the art freaks." Gretchen nods her head over to one of the lunch tables. I grimace when I see Janis putting meat on Damians face. Well, I guess he might be used to it. (A/N: Sorry not sorry)

"Oh, and we always vote before we ask someone to eat lunch with us, because you have to be considerate of the rest of the group. Well, I mean, you wouldn't buy a skirt without asking your friends first if it looks good on you." I am very overwhelmed with all these rules. I might just pretend to be sick and run away while I'm not too far into this whole plastics thing.

"I wouldn't?" Cady asks.

"Right. Oh-" Great. More. "And it's the same with guys. Like, you may think you like someone, but you could be wrong." Cady turns to me.

"Don't you look at me like that." I say before going back to watching Karen play with my hands, I think she thinks they're hers.

"A hundred and twenty calories, and forty-eight calories from fat. What percent is that?" Regina finally speaks up, looking around at the table, Gretchen stutters.

"I- uh... Forty-eight into one-twenty?" She squeaks.

"I'm not the smart one." I shrug, Karen gasps. "Me too!" She says, I give her a pat on the head. Silly Karen.

"I'm only eating foods with less than 30% calories from fat." Regina explains, how bizarre.

"It's 40%" Cady says. I am very sure that she is adopted. Whose daughter are you Cady? We all look at her, confused.

"Well, 48 over 120 equals X over 100, and then you cross-multiply and get the value of X." She explains. Yeah, still not getting it Cady.

"Whatever. I'm getting cheese fries. Y/n, come with?" Regina says, standing up. I look up at her and blink a few times.

"Wh- oh- okay" I stutter, stumbling to get up. Cady nudges me as I do, and I push her arm away. "Don't touch me." I mumble to her before following Regina up to the food line or whatever you call it.

"So, what's your deal?" She asks as we walk. I give her a confused look, I guess I don't speak for a while because she speaks up again. "You're so quiet."

"... You said that yesterday." I explain, and she laughs. I swear to God, she sounds like a Goddess.

"Hah! You're so cute." She smiles, I turn away to hide my flustered face.