NINE

I woke up to Regina George kissing my cheek.

Am I still asleep?

Should I slap myself?

I turn my head to look at her and she kisses my lips.

I'm actually going to combust.

"Good morning..." I say with a smile, holding my breath and hoping that Cady's morning breath problem isn't a Heron thing and is just a Cady thing.

"I have a question." She says, holding herself up on her elbow.

"Okay, no good morning, that's fine."

"When did you start liking me?"

"... What?"

"Just answer the question!"

I take a deep breath and look away. "Uhh... Second day of school."

Regina is silent for a while. "You're joking."

"I'm not..."

"You are... Pathetic."

"Ohhhh I knoooww..." I hide my face with my hands. I'm an embarrassment. I take my hands off my face and turn to her. "What about you? When did you start liking me?"

"Uhh... The Halloween party?"

"Are you kidding me?" Regina giggles and playfully hits me. "You're joking! That wasn't that long ago!"

I could stay in this bed with her forever. But, we have school. I'M GOING TO CRY.

--------------------------------+

I got a candy cane gram to Regina, obviously, Karen, naturally, and Brian. I'm not ashamed to admit, but, the note I wrote for Karen was much more heartfelt than the one I wrote for my GIRLFRIEND!!!!

Human rights with Brian!!

About 15 minutes in and Damien bursts into the room. "CANDY CANE GRAMS!!"

I jump and he continues.

"One for you, Benji! And... Another one for you, Vanessa... And, Five for Y/N! Wonderful Y/n!" I stare at him in shock as he hands me five candy cane grams. "And two for you Brian!" He finishes, handing two to Brian.

When he leaves I'm still in shock, staring at the FIVE CANDY CANE GRAMS. One from Karen, two from Regina, one from brain, and one from Damian. I wait until after school to read them- are you kidding? I GOT FIVE!! I'm reading them all now.

From Karen.

hi y/n!!
im verry happy that u have joind the plastics because ur cool and helped me spell 'because'

I'm obsessed with her.

From Brian.

Dear Y/n.
Before you came to school, I was a nobody. I still am, but with a best friend that I am very grateful I met.
Thank you.

I give Brian a smile and nudge him. He laughs and continues reading his.

From Regina.

Thanks for being such a great friend.
Love, Regina.

Thanks Regina. But there's a second one??

From Regina 2.0??

Okay. I've only ever sent a candy cane gram to one other person. Shane Oman. Usually, I just get them. The least I've ever gotten was 15, not to brag. Anyways, time for the mushy shit. You make me happy. Like, super happy. And all those times when I was talking to you and stuff, I was trying to sound hot. And it worked, I know. I don't know where this is going. Thank you, for everything.
XOXO - Regina George <3