EIGHT

A/N: f/a means favourite animal :)

--------------------------------+

Regina called me again and told me to sleep over and to arrive at 4. So, I guess I get to wait and pack the most flattering clothes I own.

I'm sitting in my room going over every possible situation that could happen with sleeping over at Regina's house until I'm knocked out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. Cady slowly opens the door and dramatically reveals herself.

"Here to apologise?" I ask, glancing up at her.

"What? No. I'm here to tell you that Janis and Damian are downstairs and want to see you." I give her a look and get up, following her downstairs to see Janis and Damian sitting at the dining table.

"Hey, Y/n." Janid greets. I give her a nod. "We just wanted to say hi... So..."

"And also we're sorry of ruining R-"

"Damian!" Cady cuts him off "Roger, Damian's dad, we're ruining his clothes tonight because he's... Mean." Cady nervous fiddles with her hands.

"Sounds fun. Uh... I should get going, so..." I say awkwardly.

"To Regina's house?" Janis asks. I slowly turn to Cady then back to Janis.

"Yep, so bye..." I quickly run upstairs and grab my back before going back down and quickly leaving the house.

WHY WAS THAT DO AWKWARD!? JANIS AND DAMIAN ARE MY FRIENDS!!

I try to forget whatever the fuck that was as I walk to Regina's house. I wanted to get my steps up anyway.

When I arrive I knock twice. I hear loud stomping slowly get louder, then, the door opens.

"Y/n! You're here!" Regina says with a smile.

"You did invite me, right?"

"Shut up." She pulls me inside and closes the door. I look around in awe.

"I'm still not used to this place..." I look back at her and can't help but smile.

"You're weird."

"Is that gonna be our new thing?"

"If you keep being weird."

We walk around and I notice that the house is empty. Of people, the furniture is all there.

"Where's your mum? And... Sister?"

"Mum and dad are on their own little vacation. Something their couples counselor told them to do... And Kylie is at a friend's house." She says as we walk, looking back at me occasionally.

"Cool... So we have the house alone then..."

"Don't get too excited."

--------------------------------+

"You have a pool!? What am I kidding, of course you have a pool!" I gesture largely with my hands, standing at the gate of the pool. Regina giggles.

"Did you bring swimmers?" She asks with a smile.

"No."

"Did you bring a change of clothes?"

"I did."

"So..."

We share a grin and start taking out any things we have in our pockets. I take out my phone and she stops me.

"How come I don't have your number?" She asks, tilting her head.

"Because you never asked for it? And you have the house number."