FOURTEEN

TW: Struggles with body image.

--------------------------------+

Maths first thing today.
At least I have Brian and Karen. While the teacher was explaining things, Karen was resting her head on my shoulder. She was occasionally whispering things about Gretchen and their hang outs.

"She said my hair smelt nice." She whispers to me.

"I know. You just told me." I remind her. When we got into our independent work, the classroom was mostly chatter. I think our teacher just didn't really care what was going on.

I also think that Karen and Brian are getting along together. They were having a conversation over me while I worked since I was in the middle of them.

Brian, Karen, and I were walking each other to our next classes but we pass Damian who's in charge of the votes for spring fling king and queen.

"Hey Damian." I say, pausing by the stand. Karen's gotten distracted by something shiny and she runs off. Bless her.

"Hey, what class do you have next?" He asks, and I shrug.

"I don't know... Might skip." Brian gasps loudly.

"Y/n! Skipping is against school rules!!" He scolds. I hear my phone buzz. I flip it open to see the notification on the screen.

Bunny: Meet me outside SL 5 <3

LS 5 stands for science lab five. I smile and snap my phone shut. "Yep, definitely skipping." I say, walking off. Brian shakes his head.

"Gross..."

--------------------------------+

I make it to SL 5 and look for Regina.

Suddenly, she walks towards me slowly, and whispers something as she passes. "Wait five seconds then follow me." She says.

I do as she says. Something that I've learned from dating Regina George is that sometimes you just gotta do as you're told.

I follow her, into a janitor's closet. It's a massive closet. Normally when I think of a closet, I think of something small to put your clothes in and your sexuality. This closet can probably fit a small family of lions.

When I get in, she pushes me against the wall. Already liking the way this is going.

We end up having your average make out session. Until she pushes me away. "I have a test! Shit!"

She begins quickly fixing herself before giving me a quick kiss and running out of the closet.

Since I can't just walk around the halls aimlessly, I head back to class.

--------------------------------+

Hey, remember that very first class I had that never got mentioned again because it didn't have much plot relevance to this specific story? Well now it does!!

I sit down I front of Cady. Janis, Damian, Cady, and I are all in a little square of tables.

Some announcements happen on the small TV in the classroom. They go on for what feels like hours.

"And finally, the nominees for Spring Fling Queen are as follows, Regina George."

Naturally.

"Gretchen Weiners."

Surprising.

"Janis Ian."

Janis gasps and gives Damian a punch who can't stop laughing. I figured that was the case.

"And the final nominee... For this year's Spring Fling Queen... Is Cady Heron."

"Damian, you put me in there, too? That's not part of the plan." Cady whispers.

"What plan?" I ask.

"I didn't put you in there." Damian says, glancing to me briefly.

"You mean I'm really nominated?" Cady smiles to herself. I look at Damian and Janis who mock her. I give them a grin and go on with my work because the only name I really cared about in there was Regina's.

--------------------------------+

Regina dragged the plastics and I to some store called 1-3-5. She pre ordered some dress there in January. But she couldn't just buy it because one of the rules of being a plastic is you have to ask the others if they agree that you should get it.

Regina seems to be struggling with the zip.

"Could someone zip me up?" She asks. I step forward and try the zip.

"Yeah... That's not going anywhere..." I say.

"Let me try." Karen says, I step aside and watch. "It won't close."

"It's a five." Regina spits. She can't have put on that much weight since January, unless she was eating something with, like, five thousand calories. Right? She's stopped drinking those Cranberry sodas.

"Okay, it must be marked wrong." Gretchen says, voice laced with concern. I don't know Gretchen that well but she seems to really care about Regina.

"I'll go look around, see if there's another dress?" I shrug, going to look through the store.

It's really only sizes one, three, and five. And some of these dresses are really pretty too. Like, come on people.

I just give up and join the girls again.

"You read Swedish?" I hear Regina ask.

"Yeah, everyone in Africa can read Swedish." Cady explains. Which is... What is happening?

"Ma'am, do you have this in the next size up?" Karen asks the worker who's been standing here the whole time.

"Sorry. We only carry sizes one, three, and five. You could try Sears." She shrugs, walking away.

Regina gasps and storms back to the changing room. "Y/n, I need emotional support!" She calls for me as she walks off.

When I slowly enter the change rooms she's just putting her skirt back on. I picked up the dress that she threw on the floor and put it back on the coat hanger.

"I'm sorry, Regina..." I say, not sure what else to say.

"I don't understand what I'm doing wrong." She sniffs, wiping her nose and eyes.

I think for a moment. "What if... Every morning... Or every afternoon, or whenever... We go on a little walk together?" I suggest. She looks at herself in the mirror, hands on her stomach. She nods and turns around to face me.

"Yeah... Okay..." She nods again. I offer her a hug and she takes it. We embrace for a few seconds.

"Right, get dressed, let's get out of here." I say, taking the dress with me. She gives me a small smile as I leave.

--------------------------------+

A/N

I'm gonna be tired tomorrow.

WHAIAKDMFM