ELEVEN

After the Christmas break, Regina and I took every chance to sneak off together. I can't believe that just a few weeks ago I was one of those 'couples are gross' girls. I mean, I guess I'm right. But Regina and I are the only not gross couple because I said so.

Anyways.

This Thursday, Regina has dragged me up to the projection room above the auditorium.

"Do you wear makeup?" She asks between kisses.

"Why?"

"Just curious... Maybe I should do your make up sometime." She suggests. I pull away and give her little kisses on the cheek. She puts her hands on my shoulders.

I pull away and look at her. LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL FACE UGH I CAN'T!!

"I'd love that." Aaaaand we go back to smooching. Like I'm not? What are you thinking?

Suddenly, the door starts rattling.

Aaron opens the door. "Yeah, no... I think we need more positives... Oh, hey Aaron." Thankfully, I brought Regina and I's geography project with me.

"What are you doing here?" Regina asks.

"Uh... Swim practice." He slowly walks towards a nearby cabinet, fiddling with an old sticker that's nearly peeled off.

I look around. "Well... No pool here, so... See you at lunch, I guess." Aaron gives me a nod then looks at Regina expectantly. She stands up and walks over to Aaron before giving him a kiss on the cheek. Aaron, satisfied, kisses her again before walking out of the room.

"What the fuck was even that?" Regina asks with a laugh, sitting back down next to me.

"Swim practice? If I were you I'd break up with him immediately. Speaking about breaking up with Aaron, you should totally break up with Aaron."

"You're cute, but no."

"what's that, sixteen now?"

"Sounds about right."

--------------------------------+

"Cady, why are you wearing mum's purse?" I ask, adjusting my sweater.

"Why are you wearing that sweater?" She snaps. I just pause and watch her continue on.

"What?" I mumble to myself. I see her go up to Aaron, then Damian runs past her in a ski mask, snatching mum's purse from her.

"My purse!" Cady shouts, Aaron starts running after Damian. "It looks like he's heading for the projection room above the auditorium!"

Odd how I was just there making out with Regina yesterday...

--------------------------------+

It's the weekend!! I'm currently on the phone with Regina, while also playing the Gameboy I got for Christmas.

"So... You capture the little animals in tiny balls..." Regina starts.

"Pokéballs." I correct. (Erm, actually, they're called pokéballs ☝️🤓)

"Right, the pokéballs, and then you force them to fight other little animals... Isn't that, like, abuse or whatever?" She asks.

"No- uh... No, yeah... Yeah it is..."

The door opens, revealing Damian in all his glory.

"Uh, I'll call you back, okay?... What's up, Damian?" I ask, putting my phone down and pausing my game.

"Just wanted to say hi... I feel like we don't hang out anymore." He says, looking through my stuff.

"Cause we don't."

"Why?"

I take a deep breath and rub my face. Sitting up on the edge of my bed. "I don't know..."

Damian sits next to me and I lean my head against him. "how about tomorrow, you and me go to the mall?"

"Yeah, I like that idea."

--------------------------------+

"So, this is a date, right?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah, no, if a gay woman and a gay man hang out it's a date." Damian answers. We both laugh and begin walking through the shopping center.

"Awww look at this." I pick up a small f/a keychain.

"Awww that is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my entire life!" Damian says, walking away.

"Okay." I put it down and we continue walking.

We pass a bakery shop called 'funkys', but the sign design is horrible. Damian points it out.

"Wanna go eat there?"

"DOES THAT SAY FUN KILL YOURSELF?"

Damian laughs and puts a hand on my shoulder. "No- it's funkys!"

"Why would they make the sign like that?... We're eating there."

"Oh, yeah."

The food was absolutely horrendous in the best way possible. Or maybe in the worst? I threw up. So, I guess the worst. But it was funny, so it's fine.

"Thanks for hanging out with me Damian." I say, he took me home after I threw up, in not laying in bed. "I'll always remember this day."

"Shut up, you're not dying." He says, looking through my old diary from when I was eight.

"I see the light... Aaaahhh" I moan, dramatically flailing mt arms about.

"Did you actually right 'I have a crush on my maths teacher'!?" Damian laughs.

"Hey! Feel sorry for me!"

"Right, right... I'll miss you so much, my best friend!!"

Damian left shortly after, leaving me to rot in bed, and also miss out on school, yay!!

--------------------------------+

A/N

This is bad, it's been a long day and I have a headache so yeah.

It's also super rushed, so, yeah.

I hope you thought it was entertaining at least.