FIFTEEN

"I hate her! I mean, she's totally failing me on purpose because I didn't join those stupid Matheletes!" Cady shouts, pacing back and forth.

Cady is completely changed. All the plastics are having their regular meet up. I'm sitting behind Karen as she sits on the floor. Behind us is Regina. I'm secretly holding her hand.

"She was so queer." I'm sorry, what? I let out a harsh huff of air. "She was like, 'I'm a pusher, Cady. I'm a pusher.'."

Regina starts laughing. "What does that even mean?" She asks. Karen takes the hand that's holding Reginas hand. She puts my hand in her hair.

"Like, a drug pusher?" Gretchen gasps.

"Probably." Cady shrugs. "She said she works three jobs. You know, I bet she sells drugs on the side to pay for her pathetic divorce."  If I listen to her yap any longer, I'm gonna throw hands.

"Well... Time to pee." I say, standing up.

"But who's gonna scratch my head now?" Karen asks. Gretchen moves closer to her and starts scratching her head. Karen curls herself up. I give her a smile before going to the bathroom and calming down.

--------------------------------+

Back in class with Cady, Janis, and Damian. Cady keeps on adding layer after layer of lip gloss. Sure, the lip gloss is nice, just not when there's so much it looks like coconut oil.

"Hey, I called you last night." Janis says. "How come you didn't call me back?"

"Oh, I got busy. Sorry." Yeah, busy writing about Ms Norbury is the burn book. Regina told me about it after I came back from calming myself down.

"So, you need a ride to my art show this weekend?" Janis asks. I turn around.

"That would be nice-"

Cady cuts me off. "Ugh... No. I have to go to Madison with my parents. I'm so sorry." Lie.

Suddenly Regina knocks on the classroom door, slowly creeping in. "Hi. I just need to grab Y/n really quick... We're doing something for History that we have to practice for." The teacher nods and I get up and leave. I give Janis an apologetic look and follow Regina.

"So, I'm actually not lying, when you were away, we started another assignment, and the teacher thought it would be better if we just kept the same partners since it worked last time or something like that." Regina shrugs.

"Are you lying?" I ask.

"Sort of... I might've threatened him to make us partners again..."

"At least you're honest now." I give her a pat on the shoulder.

The bell rings for end of school.

"So, you're coming over, right?" Regina asks as I begin packing my things up. 

"Who said I'm coming over?"

"Me."

"I guess I'll be coming home with you then." I shrug. And she gives me a satisfied smile. 

--------------------------------+

"So, I was thinking... maybe we should tell Karen." I suggest, eating one of Regina's doughnuts.

"About us? No way!" Regina scoffs, taking to doughnut from me and eating it herself.

"Well- Okay... I shouldn't be telling you this. But I think Karen has a thing for Gretchen." I say, wiping some crumbs off my mouth.

"Like... a gay like?"

"Yeah."

"A gay like directed at Gretchen?"