19' Boo Hoo's & Down Blues

Bubble's POV

BOOMER and I were in our practice room, sitting right on the opposite ends of each other. Rather awkwardly, I might add.

It's actually painfully awkward, I'm not used to being like this with him, we're both usually full of life around each other, talking each other's heads off.

And now... the silence is just deafening.

We already rehearsed our parts for our collaboration, and pretty soon we're all gonna practice together and actually start recording.

Now that we have finished that... there's really nothing else to do. Last week when we would finish actually practicing, we would just cuddle and sing silly love songs to each other to pass the time and now, we can't exactly do that.

I could feel his eyes on me but every time I would look up, he would always look away.

My heart stings, seeing us like this.

Out of all of our siblings, we've always been the most mushy.

We barely could even pretend to be "rivals". Saying the most non-mean things to each other, apologizing profusely afterward even though the words held no mirth, that's just how we are.

We can't stand hurting each other.

But that's exactly what I did. I hurt Boomer, one of the many people I vowed to never hurt.

It's all my fault we're like this..

Wait no, it's Rick and those frickin' punks' fault!

Just even thinking about them makes me angry.

Rick and all of them didn't come to practice today for reasons I couldn't care less about.

They were the sole reason why I had to break up with the love of my life and that's something even I, a very forgiving person who always sees the best in people, can't forgive.

I stared at the boy who sat so close but felt so far out of my reach and felt the familiar sting in my eyes as I could tell he was trying to avoid eye contact with me.

Eye contact was one of our main things, he used to make me look him in the eyes when we were children because I was always so shy speaking to him.

And now that he's avoiding it like the plague... it hurts.

I honestly can't imagine a life without meeting Boomer.

Sure, when we first met it didn't go as smoothly as it could've been but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I've known this boy my entire life and he's going to be there until the very end and I know that.

But right now at this very moment... it's hard to think positively when the one you love can't even bear to look you in the eyes.

I knew when Blossom told us this plan that it was going to hurt. Of course, it was. But I didn't know it was gonna hurt this bad.

And what is supposed to be temporary felt like forever. I see Boomer every single day and when I don't, we're always talking.

Whether it be texting, calling, facetime, or even emails when we're super busy. No matter what, we would always make it work.

I know I'm gonna be rightfully back into Boomer's arm again soon, but I didn't know how soon. Who knows how long it could take? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

Let's just hope the last two are not the case.

Sometimes I really hate being a crybaby, I've been one since I was a kid, Boomer was also one and he hated it even more since he was a boy and would get teased more for it.