Chapter 2: Seventh Shot

''... What?'' Rapi looked back at you after she heard what Anis said.

''I... Did?'' You pondered for a moment before Marian quickly put her index on your lips and shushed you.

''...'' Rapi didn't know whether to feel slight annoyance or confusion.

''It's so strange.'' Anis remarked. ''Why would Andersen send out a novice to a whole rescue mission?''

''That's what I am thinking about.'' Rapi joined in.

''If anything, a newbie like him should be sent out on small missions.'' Anis continued. ''Rescue operations should be carried out by more experienced commanders.''

''... Don't call him a newbie.'' Marian said, a little menacingly.

''What?'' Anis asked.

''You had failed to protect your former commander. Who are you calling a novice?'' Marian began, her tone expressing the one of annoyance.

''If I ever hear you talking like that about my commander ever again, it will be the last time.'' She finished.

''Hey now, Marian.'' You pat her back. ''Don't you think you are jumping the gun a bit?'' You tried to calm her down.

''... I'll consider myself being in the wrong, only if I hear an apology.'' She remarked, crossing her arms.

Anis was confused out of her mind about why she was acting this way. But, for this mission to continue, she must oblige. ''Fine. I'm sorry.''

''Not to me.'' Marian clicked her tongue. ''Apologize to the Commander.''

Rapi was watching this play out from the sidelines, and honestly, it was a bit amusing. Although, she wouldn't let her focus waver, due to the mission that was at hand.

Anis huffed. ''I'm sorry, Commander.'' She said this while she faced you.

''...It's alright.'' You said, accepting her apology.

''... Huh?'' Anis' look of confusion didn't go away. ''You didn't throw yourself into a tizzy? Definitely not an ordinary commander.''

''What's that supposed to mean?'' You had forgotten everything, so you would need a refreshment on this subject.

Although, it was like none of them heard your question.

''Let's move. We must get out before more Raptures show up.'' Rapi explained, taking the lead and beginning to walk. ''I recommend we first visit the Commercial Street.''

''Alright!'' Marian gripped onto your hand and began to follow behind Rapi. ''Stay close to me, Commander. I'll protect you.'' And then she smiled, to reassure you.

. . .

''She is actually a Yandere.'' Anis chuckled.

===
===

Nothing much happened.

While Rapi and Anis were conversing with each other, Marian suddenly got light-headed and let go of your hand.

You tried to say something to her, but it seemed to be that she couldn't hear you.

She was still walking with you and everyone, but it felt like if you and the group were off to make a turn somewhere, Marian wouldn't follow and continue forward.

She looked lost.

Not even mentioning the fact that she bumped into a light pole the moment the group reached the Commercial Street.

You found it funny. But Anis found it even funnier. She even laughed about it.

Rapi, of course, still had laser focus on this mission. Scouting the area every minute to ensure that no Rapture would be able to ambush the group.