Chapter 9: All Her Fault

''It's okay... It's okay...'' The voice, unknown to be a boy or a girl, spoke up yet again in the remembrance that I was once again having.

My eyes slowly opened and I looked around.

An alley?

What am I doing here?

''I told you we shouldn't go through here.'' The person spoke. ''This alley is infested with who knows what. Drunks, homeless, you call it.''

''This hurts...'' I finally spoke up, surprising myself.

I couldn't do that until now. Although, I didn't even wish to speak those words. They came out on their own.

So this is what it feels like to replay a memory...

A hazy memory. Everything is still foggy.

Although, I can still recognize the person standing next to me from their voice. The person from my first flashback.

''Good. A reminder of your stupidity.'' They said. ''Just wait until the ambulance arrives.''

? ? ?

I looked down, trying to figure out what was happening.

I saw my leg twisted and contorted in a weird way. And then I felt a sharp pain course throughout my body.

My leg was broken.

Is this a memory... Of me breaking my leg?

I started breathing through my teeth as the pain sharpened. My broken bone was digging into my flesh from the inside.

''Calm down.'' They patted my back. ''Breathe slowly, it hurts more once you acknowledge it.''

''Yeah, I'm trying to do that!'' I groaned out.

Just then, I heard the sirens of the ambulance approaching. I felt a strange sense of relief.

''It's here.'' They spoke. ''Come on... Let's go...''

They helped me limp upwards, standing up on my other leg. The one that wasn't broken.

The ambulance stopped in front of us, the doors opening and some people, their faces unknown because of the fog, coming out.

''It's gonna be alright.'' Was the last thing she said. It happened. The person spoke in a voice other than a mixture of both male and female.

It was a female voice.

===
===

''C-... Commander...'' Rapi looked on towards the location in which you were hurled at by Chatterbox.

There was still dust all around, so she couldn't see very clearly what had happened.

''I'm coming...'' Rapi forcefully moved away the arm that she was enveloped in and began standing up.

''Don't move.'' A female voice spoke up from behind her.

Rapi looked over her shoulder to see what it was.

There stood a robed figure. Pieces of weaponry that were almost as big as she stood right by her side.

 Pieces of weaponry that were almost as big as she stood right by her side