Chapter 3: Andersen

You let out a heavy sigh as you lean back against the walls of an elevator.

To summarize, even though you did not know the current location of you and your squad, a Nikke from another squad found you.

Luckily, she was cooperative. She told you the coordinates, then proceeded to go on with her given mission.

She said something about being part of a Nikke squad called ''Cafe Sweety'', but did not give out her name.

Either way, you were thankful that you would now go back to your supposed home, The Ark.

From what Anis told you on the way back, The Ark was something like an underground super bunker.

Going so far underground, the elevator ride takes approximately six to seven minutes.

You and Anis were hallway through the elevator ride, and she decided to plant Rapi down in one of the corners.

''I still don't understand how this happened.'' Anis says from her corner of the elevator.

''What exactly?'' You asked her as you twiddled around with your fingers. ''Doubt I'd have an answer, though.''

''It's about Marian.'' Anis answers. ''She acted so normally the first time, yet she went haywire at the end.''

''... I don't really know.'' You mouthed.

''I have a working theory.'' Shifty suddenly appeared out of nowhere, startling both you and Anis.

''Can you stop appearing out of nowhere?'' You groaned.

''Yeah, it feels like you listen in on every conversation we have.'' Anis added.

''Do you want me to apologize, or do you want to receive my theory?'' Shifty asked as she looked on unamused.

''...''

''Both.'' Anis requested.

''... Oof, fine...'' Shifty groaned. ''Sorry for you two being such easy-to-scare individuals.''

''Good enough.'' You sighed. ''Now, what were you about to tell us?''

Shifty looked through the notes on her table. ''The corruption code that was implanted into her brain must have acted as a navigator.''

''Allowing the Rapture Blacksmith to have his food delivered right to his doorstep.''  Shifty finished. ''Or at least, that's what Andersen's theory is.''

You looked at Anis for answers, because you didn't even know who this ''Andersen'' is.

''You'll find out soon enough.'' Anis answered to your stare. ''But why did she act so normally at the beginning? That isn't normal corruption.''

''Hmm... Now, this is just my theory, but I think it's because of the Commander.'' Shifty took the notes off of her desk, then threw them in the trash.

''Think about it. A Nikke is specifically trained and programmed from the beginning to obey and keep their commander safe.''

''But, the corruption really began to take to toll on her when she neared Blacksmith. Resulting in the outcome.'' Shifty finished.

''Yeah... That is a great theory and all... But.'' You started up a new question. ''When... Or how did Marian even get corrupted in the first place?... Not that I know how corruption fully works.''

''That is the thing I rushed here to talk about.'' Shifty sounded more serious now.

''When... When I was looking through the brain signals of Marian, I detected an anomaly, and I suppose that was corruption.''