Chapter 16: Importance

Marian eyed me down as she sunk her body on top of mine. Her red eyes of corruption staring down into the deepest pits of my heart and soul.

''I got you again!'' She cheered.

Her body was slowly crushing me underneath. ''You...'' I tried to pant out a coherent sentence, but it was of no use.

Pause.

Hello. My name is Y/n... Yeah, no last name apparently.

I keep on wondering why I can't just say that my last name is L/n. Since Y/n pretty much means Your Name, so L/n should mean Last Name.

Maybe it's got something to do with my backstory? Hell if I know.

All I know is that I am currently being sexually assaulted by a heretic. Yep, you heard me right. The capital S & A.

How did I even get myself in such a ''bad'' predicament? Well, it happened all too suddenly. Even for my liking.

Just... Swooped off of my feet and kidnapped. That sounds like a good name for a romance novel or an anime.

So yeah. Enjoy watching this unfold.

''You make me feel... Weird...'' Marian couldn't help but grin as she looked down upon my figure. ''Weirdly nice. Is this love? The thing I've heard so  much about?''

She leaned down, cupping my cheeks. ''You're mi-

But wait! I need to give some background to this! Uh, enjoy watching how it all led to this moment.

===
===

''So what are you guys doing here?'' Shifty asked, currently in a holographic form.

''A smoothie.'' I answered.

''What?'' She was confused.

''... I messed it up.'' I shamefully looked away from Shifty.

I had one chance, damn it.

''You'll get it next time, Commander.'' Rapi pat my shoulder.

We were currently on the surface, in front of the elevator we used to get up here.

Shifty had suddenly appeared next to us, once again startling the living hell out of me. I didn't expect for her to show up this time, since we haven't even seen her the past month.

After the mission we took up north, she went quiet all of a sudden, leaving us all alone.

But now she's back, for some reason.

No matter what, I don't think telling her about our mission is gonna be a good idea. She literally works for the Central Government for crying out loud.

We can even choose not to tell her since we are now a Commando Unit. But it would seem pretty sus if we just outright refuse to acknowledge it.

Gotta think of a lie...

''So?'' Shifty spoke up. ''What is it?''

''Target practice.'' Rapi was quick to answer.

Don't know where you are going with this, but thank you Rapi! It's way too early in the morning for me to think of elaborate lies!

A question mark appeared next to Shifty's head. ''Target practice?''

''In the month that you have been absent, The Commander received a gift from Deputy Chief Andersen. That gift being a desert eagle meant for Nikkes.'' Rapi answered.