Chapter 4: Anger Issues

''Well, she certainly seems lost.'' Anis took a sip from her soda as she stared off in the direction that you were also staring at.

''More like, a little clumsy.'' You chuckled to yourself as you watched a girl in the distance have trouble with speaking to the people around her.

''Hmm...'' Anis pondered for a little moment. ''It is rude to stare... But, I think that's a Nikke.'' She came to a conclusion.

''A Nikke?'' You looked at her.

''Yeah! Look at how everyone is avoiding her.'' Anis pointed out. ''... And look at that shotgun she slings around at her side.''

''Are Nikkes even allowed to carry weapons in public?'' You asked, trying to fuel your curiosity.

''I'm carrying my rocket launcher around, and nobody yet called me a terrorist.'' Anis laughed. ''It's because we can't shoot at humans.''

''Really?'' You raised an eyebrow. ''That's... Convenient.''

''... Did you think we were gonna shoot you at some point?'' Anis squinted her eyes as she looked at you.

''... No.''

''...''

''Hmph

''Hmph.'' Anis pouted, turning her head to face the other way as she closed her eyes. ''And here I thought you were kind and trusting, Commander. But now, your words hurt me.''

''But I said no...'' You tried to get back to her, but she did not budge. You sigh.

You look back over to the supposedly lost Nikke that you both were staring at earlier.

''That skirt is way too short...'' You mumbled to yourself quietly.  ''But I love it for some reason.''

Anis lightly slapped the back of your head. ''You've lost your memories, but I guess perverts will be perverts.'' She cooed.

''Hmph... Maybe I was a pervert.'' You shrugged. ''Although, I'm just stating the obvious here.''

''Sure.'' Both you and Anis continued to look at the Nikke.