Break Time 1 - Gym Sis

''LIFT! COME ON!'' A feminine voice was heard screaming at somebody.

''Somebody please kill me...'' You mouthed as you did one final lift on the bench press.

Through sheer sweat, tears, and drool, you finally managed to do it.

Five sets of twenty repetitions, with only minutes of break in between.

You didn't know if this was the standard for the people here, but there was one thing you did know.

Your muscles were crying like newborn babies.

''I did it...'' You panted, sweat beginning to enter your eyes as you wiped it off.

Your 'Instructor' then came up to you from behind.

''Here's a towel.'' She threw it at you and hit your face with it.

''Thanks.'' You mumbled as you took hold of it and wiped your face.

The woman chuckled. ''Now, time for Bulgarian Splits.''

''Dear God...'' A man who heard what was going on said. ''Isn't that too intense, Rumani?''

''Nah. He can take it.'' Rumani waved off the man's concerns.

''What are Bulgarian Splits?'' You asked, still confused.

''They are an easy exercise, perfect for beginners like you.'' Rumani patted your shoulder, reassuring you.

The man continued looking on with concern as he said. ''Have mercy on the kid, please.''

''I don't know why you are complaining.'' She raised an eyebrow as she pulled out a bottle with an unknown substance. ''It worked out for you.''

''I went to the hospital. Twice.'' He reminded her.

. . . You were once again concerned with your instructor.

She looked back down at you from the bench. ''Don't worry. He's a liar.''

''You lied to the paramedics saying I hurt myself while working out. While you were the main cause!'' The man spat.

''... No pain... No gain...'' She reminded as she showed the tip of the bottle into your mouth.

''MMH?!'' You panicked as you gulped down the liquid.

''It's a protein shake, don't worry.'' Rumani said with a smile. ''If you don't drink it, you're gonna be sore in the morning.''

You complied, calming down and beginning to chug from the bottle.

. . .

''Save some for me!'' Rumani pulled the bottle away, making a small amount spill on you.

''Why...'' You wiped yourself.

Rumani then drank the remaining liquid from the bottle.

''Eh...'' You scratched the back of your head. ''But... I drank from that.''

''No problem.'' She wiped her mouth. ''What? You got a disease or something?''

. . .

''... You do?!'' Rumani panicked.

''It's not that. I had my saliva on that bottle.'' You corrected her.

''Oh, thank God.'' Rumani chuckled. ''And what's the problem with that?''

''It's something called indirect kissi-'' You were about to say before she pulled you up.

''Time for Bulgarian Splits!'' Rumani said enthusiastically as she dragged you away.

Meanwhile, there was another person at the gym. Watching all of this unfold.

 Watching all of this unfold

She looked to be sweating. Sweating really badly at that.

But, the thing is, she wasn't even doing anything other than using a small fan to cool herself off.

She was also standing right below an air conditioner, so this whole thing didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Not even talking about the ice pop in her mouth.

''Don't kill him!'' She shouted to Rumani. 

''Have a little faith in me, Folkwang.'' Rumani reassured. ''I'm pretty sure it's gonna be alright.''

The girl known as Folkwang sunk deeper into her seat as she continued to lick off the ice pop.

''Why is it still so hot?!'' She exclaimed as she shook off all the sweat, using a towel to wipe herself off.

''I've never sweat this much before!''  She rummaged through her pockets. ''I forgot my cooling agents at home! This is bad!''

It felt like she was drowning in her own sweat.

So, she got up and ran out of the gym. Perhaps to go home and take a nice cold shower.

Meanwhile, you were left with Rumani, feeling the Bulgarian Splits tear your calves apart from the inside.

It was a terrible first day at the gym.

You wanted to cry. And that you did once you got back home.