Chapter 5: Newer Beginning

A classroom.

It's... Dead quiet.

I was sitting somewhere in the middle of the room.

It's an unclear memory. In some corners of the room, I can see the fog clouding and obscuring my vision.

Although, I still remain unblinded to its effects.

Next to me sits one I consider a friend.

No name in my mind to tell their identity.

No figure I could remember to tell me their appearance.

No expression to tell me their mood...

They are obscured by the fog, but I still feel the warmth emanating from their body, so I know they are there.

''What are you gonna do after school?'' They ask, voice sounding mature, but also childish at the same time.

Like a girl, but also like a boy.

I wished that I could speak, but I felt as if my mouth was stitched shut.

I could not utter even the simplest of words.

''That's a nasty burn on your arm.'' They comment. ''An oil burn? Or was it on the oven this time?''

Oh... That's right.

It's neither. It's an electrical burn.

Is what I would say if I could speak to them.

===
===

''Mmm...'' You groan as the sun shines directly onto your supposed-to-be sleeping eyes.

''Oh, he is waking up.'' You hear a female voice say from your right.

''Really?'' Another, more childish female voice rings out from your left. ''Finally. Wakey wakey!''

You could feel someone tug on your uniform.

''Pepper, don't do that.'' The first voice adds. ''Nobody likes a rude awakening.''

You open your eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the light properly.

''... What...'' You blink before looking around.

This was a hospital room. Very basic and generic. White walls, and some hospital stuff... Like a hospital bed.

''What is going on, where am I?'' That is when you look at the voice you heard first. To your right.

''Good morning.'' She cooes with a small wave. Her eyes remain closed as she flashes a light smile.

Judging purely by appearance, you'd say that she is a doctor

A beautiful one at that. I mean, look at her. That smile is almost making you not want to face the other voice and keep staring at this woman.