Chapter 6

Eugene entered his room. He was a bit tired too, but he had work to do, so he got his laptop from his bag and started typing. His assistant had sent him a report on his company. He had to go through it. 

Eugene owned a famous gaming company called Alka, with around a million types of games they have created. Eugene was currently working on a new VR set improvement. It was a big deal, so he was stressed.

After 2 hours or so, he finally finished and turned to open his phone and see a few unread messages. He frowned and immediately called as he waited for someone to pick up.

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

After 3 rings someone picked up and let out a sniff which alarmed Eugene as he called out “Darling..?” And lightly said more comforting words as the tiny cries continued “My little bear please stop crying and speak up what's wrong? Did you get hurt? Are you hungry?? Or did that woman hit you again??” The boy on the phone tried to calm down and finally spoke up “Y-you idiot, you are so so bad! You forgot, baby, and you said you'd call, but you never did!”

 Eugene mentally slapped himself. He was so busy today, and especially because of the timezone change, he had totally forgotten to call his lover. “Sorry bear, I'm terrible. I know that please forgive me. I was so busy I was going to tell you that my mother made me move to Lurex with my cousin and it was so sudden I didn't have time with the packing and stuff.” After hurriedly explaining, he heard Elliot say “Its okay… "Eugene, I understand. Don't call yourself terrible, okay? I'm sorry I said that to you, ginnie. You are not bad. I was a bit pent up not hearing your voice…” Hearing how Elliot quickly got himself together, Eugene felt really bad. He wanted to console him and hug him while comforting his love, but he couldn't do that, and Elliot had to calm himself all alone. Eugene did his best to make sure his lover didn't feel lonely.

He had met Ellie 5 years ago. They talked for the first time when Elliott had beta tested his first ever game which he created, Ellie was the first one to play it and at that time Eugene was nervous and not sure if it was worth it but Ellie encouraged him and even gave him many pointers and with that now that game has reached a billion players and is very famous world wide. 

Ellie was an artist and a gamer through and through. Eugene has let Ellie do graphics for his games many times, and Ellie made everything better for Eugene. Eugene truly believed that Elliot was his lucky star, his lover whom he loved with all his heart.

Elliott was mostly cooped up at his house if not at school Elliot was smart so he usually skipped school and still scored perfect Elliot hated going out he liked his room the best no he wasn't scared of people or a loner rather he had many friends Elliot could mould his personality to suit people therefore they like him but Elliot never cared. 

“Ellie… baby, have you eaten yet?” Eugene asked since he was busy all day and forgot to remind Elliot to eat. Even though Elliot is a genius he forgets daily life stuff easily for example to eat (usually waiting till his stomach hurts and churns in hunger if no one makes him remember) and also because other then Eugene Elliot really had no one to take care of him, he had a mother but she was a emotionless bitch. She didn't abuse him. She didn't take his rights like money or clothes or academic stuff she was just very indifferent to him, which was also a type of abuse his father died or something.

Hearing Eugene's questions, Elliot was nervous “ummm..” he said while fiddling “you see…” twisting his fingers to come up with something “Sighh baby… just go eat see if there's something in the kitchen hurry on darling” Eugene says just wanting Ellie to eat so he's not starving “Okay…” Ellie muttered and went to the kitchen as they converted the voice call to video so Eugene could see if he was eating.

 He sees Elliot's pretty face and messy red hair. Obviously, he was lying in bed, Eugene thought, and continued staring at his bear. He was wearing an oversized white shirt with white shorts showing off his pale skinny legs. Eugene 's eyes darkened and then focused on his beautiful face, nearly wanting to get into the screen and eat Elliot. Elliot just ignored his boyfriend's heated gaze as he made himself breakfast.. lunch dinner or whatever it was, he hasn't gone outside yet, neither knows whether it's pm or am. He was used to Eugene hungrily staring at him. He was concerned that Eugene would devour him if it was real life, but then he thought he'd be happy to be devoured by his beloved man.

Eugene and Elliot talked as Ellie ate “Hahaha poor Angel, I feel bad that he has to eat peas. Thankfully, you gave him your soup, hehe, so nice of you, gennie.” Eugene was telling him about today obviously skippings parts like the king's son, or him being his uncle. 

He didn't want to lie to Ellie, but he had to wait till the correct time to tell  by then Ellie would totally be his 

“I wish I could meet Angle. He sounds like a lovely person who'd make an amazing friend!” Elliot said, really wanted to meet him.

“Sigh.. I wondered if you really understood the words I said. Why do I feel like you twisted them to suit your imagination?” Ellie ignored him and talked more on Angle saying “Though I know so much about Angel but he has never even heard of me it's kinda sad haha” Eugene felt really guilty he hoped Ellie could meet Angel but his uncle was too overprotective so he doubted it but maybe now that they are here he can make them meet.

Ellie moved on to a different topic “So where's that academy you are talking about?”

“It's called Synths night academy” Eugene said “That's a weird name” to which both laughed and agreed. They talked a lot more for a while before Eugene dozed off, and Elliot just stared at his super dreamy boyfriend, thinking he really probably had the most handsome boyfriend while chuckling to himself.

 He also dozed off. None of them turned off their phones. They were both reluctant till the morning when one of their phones turned off because of low battery.

■♤■♤■♤■♤■♤■

Word count: 1137