Chapter 13

I'm Lance, and I'm the son of one of the strongest Alpha's in the world, so imagine my surprise when I'm told I don't have a mate.

I've been alone and felt empty all my life. Sure, I had friends, but I could never feel close to them. I thought I was emotional-less and had hope that maybe if I found my mate, I'd learn to love?

But that hope was crushed, because you are supposed to find a mate at the age of Seventeen and for Alphas they would 100 percent find their mates, because the pack needed a Luna for example my father found his when he had a dream about her on the night he turned 17, though it took him a while to get to her but that's another story.

For me, I'm close to being 18, and I still haven't found my mate. I've not even had a dream. I even travelled, but no luck at this point. I started to believe I had no mate… "Well, it was just a thought till it was confirmed by one of the elders.

The elders were wise, and their words were mostly absolute and true as they sat me down and told me that I had no mate.

Mates were precious, and those who had them were blessed even though Alphas easily found their mates, unlike betas or omegas, but sometimes even they won't have a mate. When such cases occur, usually an alpha would marry someone who wasn't their mate and try to love them just like normal humans or betas and other creatures who had no mates.

At first, when the elder told me I didn't want to believe it, that thought was annoying. Why was I like that? Did the moon goddess hate me? Was I going to be alone all my life? Many women wanted me and even men, yet I felt no attraction to any. I prefer being alone all my life since the moon goddess didn't deem me worthy of a mate… I guess I'll remain alone.

I thought without noticing I'd shifted into my wolf as I ran away from my pack from the people reaching the other side of the forest. My wolf was devastated. It let out painful howls curling itself. I knew it was sad I was too… but there was nothing we could do.

I don't know how long I stayed there my senses were so down that I didn't notice someone approaching and now they were in front of me I stared at the person almost losing my breath at how beautiful that person was he had Light blond hair that sparkles reflecting the light pretty blue eyes more prettier then the lake on moonlit days he didn't look human for a while I wondered if he was an angel the goddess send down because she noticed how sad I was.

I was too dazed to growl and scare the kid away like I would do any other as I felt a warm touch on my head and he pecked my head and that tiny peck made my wolf lose his mind burying its head in the angels stomach the angel was not scared as it soothed me whispering comforting words in my ear I took in his almost chocolate like smell he smelled like chocolate and roses like how valentines, the month of love as they called it… maybe the goddess send a cupid to me.

The angel kissed my head and asked me, "Hey baby, what's wrong, are you hurt somewhere?” He talked as if I was a baby, which my wolf really reciprocated to and laid out more whines as if complaining about the fact we have no mate. The Angel didn't understand, probably, but it still affectionately comed his hand through my fur. It was very gentle and I liked it very much. He stayed with me and made me and my wolf forget about everything as we played with the angel.

My wolf gave him playful kisses as he laughed and called my wolf smart, which obviously delighted my wolf, Zuko.

Zuko was over the moon when the angel said that his fur was pretty. I sarcastically rolled my eyes, thinking wait till he saw my human form, while Zuko roared at me as if competing whos better. We were led out of our argument when the angel said “I have to go now it's getting late. You probably don't understand me, and I don't know what hurt you, but I hope your pain soothes me away. I think you are prettier when you are happier.” I was taken aback hearing that my heart was feeling fuzzy and warm for the first time, and I was more than sure that the boy wasn't a real human.

He kissed my head and said goodbye. I let out a whine because I wanted to stay with him so he came back and said to me "You know what I'm not sure if you'll understand this, but I'm gonna come here tomorrow at the same time so I'll see you then if you are here then we'll play again.” He left afterwards. The light I saw was also dulling, but my mood was better. I didn't even remember why I was sad.

I shifted back to my human form and looked towards the direction the angel left as I said to myself silently “Goddess.. since you've directly sent an angel on the devil's footsteps, don't be mad if I want to possess him.”

--------------
Word count: 934

Hey guys, so I'm finally finished with my exams but I'm fully booked with so much stuff to do as I'm a senior in highschool I'm like 16 so anyways updates are gonna be slower atleast till the view count increases after like 1k views I'll give a large update or something.