Chapter 8

At the castle, the king buried himself in work, not taking care of himself at all, everyone was feeling as if they were walking on nails because of the tense atmosphere worried about getting on his nerves.

In the study, the king was buried in paper as Alexis knocked on the door. After a few knocks, the king finally said “Come in” in a hoarse voice. 

Alexis came inside with food, he has been trying his best to make sure the king won't starve himself, but taking care of the king was difficult as he was a stubborn man and hard to defy.

Alexis sighed as he came inside, he put the food on the other table in the study as he went closer to the king gently saying “Good evening dear king, you haven't eaten since the morning please have a bite.” Alexis tried very hard to convince him to eat since everyone else gave up even Anara, who was the caretaker of the young prince. 

“Alexis… I'm not hungry. Take it away. I have important documents to look through.” Luther grumpily replied as Alexis kneeled down on the side of his chair, taking Luther's hand and lightly kissing it, “My king, you have already done the whole month's work in 4 days. I don't remember anything urgent coming up recently either, so please eat up and let me take care of you?” 

“NO! I don't want to!” The king spits out of frustration. At this point something suddenly cracked in Alexis' head which seemed to be his conscience as he scooped the almost 6 feet slightly bulky man with ease putting him on his lap, while the man moved around in irritation, clearly disliking being picked up.

“Shut up, Luther!! And get yourself together, you know how worried I'm for you! You haven't eaten or taken care of yourself! I doubt Angel would be happy at this seeing his beloved dad so tired.” Luther teared up at his words. The king never cries, at least not in front of other people since his authority is final, but in front of Alexis, he couldn't keep his emotions hidden.

“Do you think he cares! He just left me like that” Luther said, burying his head in his hands. Alexis tapped his head “Of course, Angel cares about you! That's the truth. My king, please stop doing this to yourself!”

“How can you be so sure?” Luther asked even though he obviously believed Alexis, but he still needed something more he just didn't want to think about the reason why his son left him.

Alexis hands him a letter “Read this” 

It was the letter Angel left for Alexis, it said,

Dear Alexis,

 I'm writing this letter to inform you about the fact that you are an idiot. I know how hopelessly you love my father, but you won't take any steps to tell him. I know how hard and scary it might be, but I know just as well as you that my father is also in love with you. I don't know what's stopping you two because you are meant for each other. I'm writing this letter to let you know that I'm rooting for you, and I want you and my stupid but beloved father to be happy so when I'm back, I want to have another father.

Yours sincerely,
Angel Lovette.”

Luther had more tears in his eyes; he didn't know whether to laugh or cry at his son's heartwarming but cheeky letter. 

Alexis kisses Luther's forehead, “Please accept me as well, Luther.” He pleaded to his love. 

Luther looked into Alexis' love ridden eyes as he felt all his worries melting away. He felt like he could be honest to himself now and accept the fact that he loves Alex and Alex loves him.

“Okay…” Luther replies, moving his face closer, as they both share a kiss. Alexis felt his heart melt as he responded to the passionate kiss. Luther opened the buttons to Alexis' collar smirking as he said “I'm hungry, Alex.” As he moved his mouth closer to Alexis neck, his eyes showing a shiny red, as fangs came out from his parted mouth.

“Yes, my love, drink up.” Alexis said, putting his hand on Luther's head and pushing his fangs deeper into his neck. 

Luther was a vampire, and Alexis knew that they were soulmates. In this world, only powerful vampires had human soulmates. 

They knew they were soulmates ever since they met five years ago but never confessed as Luther was scared and only wanted to pay full attention to his son. But slowly, he also fell in love but was too scared to confess. Finally, this was the perfect opportunity that Angel made for them. Alexis was forever grateful to Angel for the fact that he accepted them.

Angel was human. He didn't know about his father being a vampire and his late mother. The king's late wife was a human princess. 

His mother, Belle Yuvell, was not Luther's mate, but as a king, he had to marry her, and he could never find his mate, so for him to be King, he married her Belle was a peaceful innocent soul whom he came to care for, even though there was still a deep longing for a mate. He never showed it and continued trying to make a family with her.

Which didn't go as planned as his wife was killed. He was left in sorrow, but he was given a final gift from his wife, which was his beloved son.

He never felt like he deserved love, but now he finally got it he didn't want to lose it, thinking that he wrapped his arms lovingly around Alexis's neck, kissing him deeply. As they fled to the king's room to continue their love-making activities.

☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆

Word count: 947

So, surprise, there are vampires too, lol. Anyways I hope you are enjoying this. If you find any typos, let me know, and you are welcome to suggest any scenes or anything you want since Im planning as I'm writing.
-Dia