~Why?~

KILLUA POV:

I always wondered what I found so fascinating about you, and now I know why. The way you show such kindness to others, risking your life to save your friends and those who are dear to you. Maybe the fact that you love nature and it literally any animal, I'm not surprised if you told me the next week your new favourite animal will be a shark. maybe it's the fact that you're courageous, at sometimes stubborn and once you're mind is set on something there's no way of talking you out of it, that's pretty stupid, but it can also be good.

But I know why, the way you smile, it's the way you light up everything around you, it's like you're a moving star, does that sound weird? You're like light itself, so when that day, when we met up at a cafe after a while of being apart, and you told me you found a girlfriend, my heart torn apart right then and there, so I put on a fake smile for you, and said congratulations, when I felt like killing the girl who took my love away, but I won't turn into some kind of yandere. I would hate it if I was the one who caused you not to smile anymore.

A couple months went by and I started to notice you were down lately , even Kurapika and that idiot Leorio noticed too.

On one rainy afternoon, I heard a knock at my door, I opened it and it revealed you, drenched in water and tears. I was completely shocked.

"G-Gon?"-

"Killua....can I come inside please?" You spoke hesitantly. I'd do anything for you so I agreed and went to get some fresh towels to dry you off.

We went upstairs and sat on my bed, we sat for a while in silence, with hot chocolate in our hands, until you finally spoke up, and told me what's wrong.

"I recently found out that Coco has been cheating on me..." you said quietly. Coco was his girlfriend, apparently they were friends and were the only kids on Whale Island, and Coco just so happened to have a crush on Gon, and Gon thought he may give this dating thing a go, but now it's turned out bad.

"Oh...I'm so sorry..." I said and took a sip from my cup.

I suddenly felt a warm pair of arms wrapped around my waist, I looked down and immediately got flustered. You buried your head into my chest.

"Thank you Killua..."

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"For being there for me" you said.

I smiled and patted your head, "you're welcome".

I just wished, you loved me the same way I love you.