~Kurapika's Birthday~

{I woke up this morning and realised it was Kurapika's birthday! So here's a one shot!}

Leorio woke up stretching his arms out and letting out a massive yawn. He looked to his side and saw no Kurapika, he wondered where he was.

After his morning routine, Leorio went downstairs and saw Gon and Killua fighting over a spatula over in the kitchen.

Leorio rose an eyebrow and took it off them. They both looked up and noticed him and stopped fighting.

"Heyyyy Leorioooo~" Gon whines.

"Why are you guys up so early? And why are you fighting over the spatula?" Leorio said as he examined the spatula in hand.

"Ok first off it's not that early, it's 9:00 am old man" Killua talked back.

"I'm not-! 9?" Leorio looked at the boys confused until he looked on the living room clock and it was indeed 9:00. How long has Kurapika been awake?

"And second, I'm trying to not let Gon burn the house down! We're trying to make Kurapika a cake" Killua explained.

Leorio's brows furrowed. It is Kurapika's birthday today! He hasn't forgotten, he even brought him a present with the boys last weekend, he just needs to find him.

"Well I don't trust either of you two in the kitchen. Killua you may be smarter than Gon but have you ever once cooked in your life?" Leorio said in a sassy tone.

Killua was about to speak up but stopped. No he hasn't ever, let alone baked a cake. All his life was being taught how to kill not cook.

"That's what I thought. Now where is Kurapika anyway? When I woke up he wasn't there" Leorio scratched his head.

"He's in the mini grave" Gon pointed towards their back yard. Ever since Leorio brought the house for the four of them to live in, Kurapika suggested to have a little grave stone for his childhood friend Pairo, since he wasn't properly buried, but it's there for remembrance.

Leorio came up to Kurapika and saw him kneeling down and just staring at the grave stone.

"Hey sunshine" the voice perked up Kurapika's ears as he turned around and noticed Leorio standing behind him. He lightly smiled.

"Ohh...hey Leorio" Kurapika said and turned his head back to the grave stone.

"You know the kids are making a mess in the kitchen" Leorio spoke up.

"Really? What are they making?" Kurapika asked.

"It's a secret. Now come on in it's freezing cold! Would you like some coffee?" Leorio patted Kurapika's shoulder and Kurapika nodded.

"It's just....i wish he was here with me....to celebrate my birthday" Kurapika said, as he looked at the grave stone once more, Leorio pulled a sympathetic look and helped Kurapika up from the ground. He hugged him.

"I'm sure he's also celebrating your birthday" Leorio cuffed Kurapika's cheeks and creased it, and then giving him a kiss.

"Let's open up the presents, yeah?" Leorio lifted up Kurapika's head from his chin. Kurapika smiled.

"Yeah ok" Kurapika lightly chuckled and clung on to Leorio's arm and walked inside.

Greeted with.....

"Happy birthday!" Gon and Killua yelled as Killua threw streamers and Gon had a cake in his hand. Kurapika looked at them shocked but then started laughing.

"Let's open the presents now!!!" Gon chirped as he dragged Kurapika into the living room with Killua and Leorio followed behind.

"Ok! Ok! You're acting like it's your birthday Gon" Kurapika laughed. So did the other two.

He couldn't have asked for a better bunch of friends.