Shock and Awe

Nearly a week later and well, it's been interesting. The kids love the convenience store close by. Seriously, who am I kidding, I love it too! Though I've only been a couple times, unlike them. Compared to American convenience stores, well, there is no comparison. Cheaper and way cleaner. The variety of stuff there is amazing! Both have already been out at midnight for ramen. I haven't yet, but between the two of them I have a feeling the need to get away is coming.

Anyhow. We realized we are close to JYP Entertainment and some amazing shopping places. Then, I realized there might be some idols staying in the same apartment complex! I saw San and Yeosang from Ateez. They were in the elevator I got in. I was too afraid to talk to them. All I could do was bow and smile. They were gorgeous! I don't know if they live here or were just visiting someone, since I haven't seen them since.

"Ok you two, you seen any idols that you know?"

"Umm, maybe..." says Don while side glancing at Tony.

"What do you mean maybe? And why are you looking at your brother like that? Who have you seen that you recognized? Or thought you recognized?"

What the hell! What is this look they are giving me? Should I be worried, excited or maybe both?

"Well, I know for a fact I saw Peniel of BtoB the other day. He got in the elevator with me and we talked."

"Tony!!! You are just now telling me this. Seriously child?"

"Because I knew you'd be excited. He was here visiting a friend that lives here. He thought it was interesting that we got an apartment here and that we're from America. He ask how long we'll be here, so I told him. We stood downstairs in the lobby talking for a bit." said Tony.

"Oh, and said he'll see us all later. Whatever that means."

"Wait, what? How? Why would he say something like that? Any clue who he was visiting? Nope, never mind, I don't need to know. Just the fact that I'm sure we are living around several idols is enough for my little K-pop loving heart to be happy!"

"Trust me mom, you're going to be excited for who all lives here. I'm kinda confused as to how we got an apartment here, but definitely not unhappy about it. I saw RM from BTS as well. I may not be a BTS fan, but he's very recognizable. There are a lot of idols that live in this building. In fact we may have some on our floor." Don tells me.

"Oh, wait. Back up. How did you find that out? I am so confused and rather astonished right now! How do you know for sure a lot live here? And who have you seen on our floor?"

Don just starts laughing hysterically while Tony is just sitting and smiling. They know something. I know they do. Now to just figure out what. I'm a little scared at the look they are both giving me.

"Mom, you have got to get out this weekend. You've got the apartment set up. We've gone shopping. Tony starts his job in a few days and my surgery is in another week. Go have fun! I heard there is a karaoke club near here. Why don't we go? Tony doesn't have to if he doesn't want to."

"Yeah, no. I'm good bro. I am not singing. That's y'all's thing, not mine."

"You're definitely right. I know I need to. I just wanted to make sure everything is done here. You know our recovery isn't going to be easy. Mines in a month. And to be honest, I'm nervous."

"Well duh mom. We knew that. But, well, ummm..." Tony struggles to say.

"Why are you looking at me like that? What do the two of you know that I don't?"

"You'll find out soon enough and we are not spoiling this." Dons says while glaring at his younger brother.

"You are going to be so freaking excited!" yells Don.