Letting Go

Lunch arrives and to my surprise, Don and Tony come over to eat with us. Sitting around, watching them interact with the guys, how easy they are around them, surprises me again. I don't know why. But it also makes me really, really happy that they all get along so well. It really is like we were destined to meet. The conversation flows and the laugher is infectious. I feel myself completely relaxing and enjoying the time. Soon, though, the fatigue begins to hit. I take the guys advice and let them know I'm going back to my place to lay down. Don and Tony decided to leave with me, noticing how tired I am.

"Mom, are you ok? You look tired. Did your, ummm, early morning get to you?" Don looks at me with an evil grin on his face. Dammit. He heard. Tony starts laughing and I realize they both did. Welp, here we go!

"OK smart asses. That was NOT supposed to happen this morning. I'm still processing that I even did anything! And before you say anything, no, we didn't actually have full on sex in the living room. God, I can't believe I'm even talking to my kids abouts this! I'm sorry if Binnie and I woke you up though."

"Wait, Binnie? Go Bin! I am so texting him."

"Oh my lord, child! Don, you did not just go there!? And don't you dare text him."

"Too late, I did it for him." I turn around, mouth agape, looking at Tony. "You didn't?"

Just then my phone dings. Hanging my head low, I already know. Dragging my hand down my face, I grab my phone and yep, I was right. It's from Changbin. OH MY GAWD. I may actually smack my sons.

SC* Oops, guess we weren't as quiet as we thought. He he he. They said I was getting high fives later. Love you beautiful! Now take a nap.*

Shaking my head, I turn to go to my room. "I'm setting an alarm, but make sure I'm awake in about an hour. Then we can plan what we're doing for dinner. Got it?" And with that, I drag myself into my room. Taking my clothes off, I snuggle up under my covers. For the first time in a long time, my body feels relaxed and sleep comes easily.

What I don't know, is during that nap time, my kids make a plan for me to stay the night at Chris's apartment. Chris had informed them the guys were taking all of us out for dinner. So, in their infinite wisdom, they told him he was taking me home for dessert after.

Chris was shocked, but at the same time not entirely surprised by these two. "You sure Lynn's going to go along with this? I mean, we don't want to push her you two." He wholeheartedly agreed, of course, with her spending the night. He's desperate to just hold her in his arms. He just doesn't want to push his luck though.

Don and Tony look at each other, then smile sadly. "Look, mom might say something. She might fuss. She needs this though. Our dad's death took so much from her. From all of us. But the light we always saw in our mom, we watched it dwindle before our own eyes. It may not have fully gone out, but it's been really close to being extinguished. Frankly, that's what has scared both Tony and I the most. Right now, you are seeing just the shell of the woman she is. I know she's explained a lot. We heard her earlier. We were outside the door and heard everything. It took everything in us to not bust down that damn door and run in here. But we know she had to do that, for her. She's hurting and it makes us hurt too. We want our vibrant, vivacious mom back. Writing help some, but..."

At the same time, Minho was telling the guys what Lynn had told them. He stopped when he heard Don's words. Each of the guys turn at once to Don and Tony, seeing the tears streaming down their faces as they listened to what they said. It dawns on each of them, just how much pain those two have dealt with too. Minho rushes over and grabs Tony as Chris grabs Don, just holding them. The rest of the members run over and surround them with hugs. Don's words impacted each of them, deeply. With what Minho had told them, then seeing Tony and Don break down, they are shaken to their very cores. With tears and understanding, they all agree to try and go slow. To let Lynn be the one to initiate things. They realize she needs to come to them on my own terms. And their hearts grew even deeper for not only her, but this amazing family.