The Sun will Shine

Song: New Day by Danny Gokey

Chris snuck back into Lynn's apartment, snuggling up to her. He knew this was going to be the last time he may get to hold her like this for a few weeks. She had gotten so comfortable with them, and herself, she slept in the nude like him. He knew he'd wake in the morning with a massive hard on, but he didn't care. He needed the skin-to-skin contact.

He hadn't said, but he was super worried about her surgery. Changbin's cousin had explained all the ins and outs. There were so many things that could happen. He couldn't dwell on them, though it was hard not to. He had to be strong. For her, for Don and Tony and for his other lovers. Though none had said anything, he could tell the days leading up, they were worried too.

Lynn woke up the next morning to a sleeping Chris. Trying to not wake him, she was surprised when his alarm went off. She'd been pleasantly surprised when Chris had said he was taking her and staying until she was taken to her room. This made Lynn very happy and more at peace with the day.

I called all the guys, letting them know we were leaving. I was surprised to see them all outside their doors, waiting to give hugs and kisses to Lynn before she left. My heart was full to bursting, at the words of affirmation and love they each were giving her. And then they did the same to me. I was not expecting this and it nearly made me tear up. Seungmin was the last, holding his phone out for Hyunjin to give us his love as well. As he hung up, Seungmin grabbed me, pulling me close.

"It's ok old man, she's got this. It's good you are going to be with her. I can already tell it's giving her some peace. Keep us posted. OK?"

Squeezing him tight before letting him go, he places his palm on my check. I lean into his hand, as he caresses my cheek. He isn't always the most demonstrative, so I love every touch he gives.

"Thank you, Minnie. I needed your touch to ground me." I look around, making sure she isn't close by. "I'm freaking out a bit, so really, thank you."

"Hey, it's going to be ok. Lynn's so much stronger than any of us realize. And you, Christopher Bang Chan, mean so much to all of us. You are our strength. You always have been. Go with our sweet lady. Watch over her for us. I love you and her so very much."

He pulls me back in for a hug, pulling my head in to his neck. I take a moment, breathing him in before stepping back as Lynn walks up. I watch as Seungmin pulls her close, his eyes finding mine. I see the tears barely held in and know, he's just as scared. Reaching out, I touch his cheek and smile at him. As we leave, I feel the love from each of them pouring over me, calming me.

Having him there, before the surgery, kept her calm. Lynn felt at peace as she was called back, knowing she would see him when she awoke later.

Several hours later, waking up to him being there had calmed her so much. He had a quick video set up with all of the guys so they could wish her good night. He'd kissed her sweetly, before the meds had kicked in. He'd left that night, since he wasn't allowed to stay. He knew she was in good hands, but still.

As he got to his car, the tears came. He couldn't stop them. He'd finally called Changbin, because he knew he could calm him down. It helped enough to get him home, where Changbin had met him at his car.

Binnie led Chris to his room, afraid to let him spend the night alone. He had pulled a hot bath, slowly undressing Chris.

"Stay with me Bin, please."

"Chris, are you sure this is what you want?"

"Binnie, please hold me in the tub. I just want to feel your arms wrapped around me right now. I need to feel you grounding me. Please."