30:Unexpected

Changed some of it as it make contradict with the next chapter.

Y/N

"Another plantation has been attacked?" I threw the stack of papers on the desk, staring up at the Farm demons. "We've already increased the number of demons on guard, modified the cameras, what else do you want me to do to stop these attacks?"

I raised an eyebrow. They hung their heads low in shame. "Tell me. How many plantations have already been attacked in these past 6 months?" I stood up, walking towards them.

"W-we're sorry, but they're too-" Bang!

Gripping its hair tightly as I smashed his head through the wall, breaking their mask and blood staining the cracked walls. "I asked you a question, I didn't ask you to apologise."

Letting go of his hair, I watched as it fell to the floor, lying limp.

Turning to the rest, I stomped on its head. "If I find out another plantation has been attacked, you all." Watching as my shoe was covered in his guts, I spoke in a low voice. "will end up like him." They nodded their heads in fear, staring down at the floor.

"Leave." I plopped on my chair, gesturing them to leave.

They nodded hastily, speed-walking out of my(actually not) office, whispering curse words under their breaths.

I rolled my eyes, but under the strict, serious mask I wore, I smiled internally. 'Good job, Norman.'

It has been 6 months since Lambda was destroyed. Many plantations have been attacked, causing chaos at HQ. We've had to implement cameras and more demons on duty.

I knew Emma, Ray and the others were still alive after Andrew and his men died during the mission at B06-32.

Though, throughout all these months, I've grown to realise what kind of person Peter Ratri is.

"Please! I didn't mean to! I really didn't mean to-" Bang!

He yawned, rolling his eyes as he watched the body fall back, eyes lifeless. "Don't bother listening to their sob stories, those who betray us don't deserve to live."

—————

"Well-"

I watched in amazement as he negotiated with the nobles.

He managed to get what he wanted, guess I'll have to learn to be like him.

—————

"It hurts! Agh!!"

"Continue to pull one limb at a time for every minute he doesn't spill the truth." He patted my back. "He'll break sooner or later."

I watched as blood pooled out of his fingerless hand.

"I won't tell you fuckers any- ACK!" Looking with a raised eyebrow, I felt a sense of disgust and regret in my heart. But having these feelings of pity, will never lead me to victory.

The door opened and Peter Ratri walked out. I took a step towards the man, gripping his arm tightly. "I'll pull slowly."

He squirmed and writhed under me as I pulled, bones snapping and skin pulling and stretching apart, screaming in agony.

"He won't pass out, will he?"

The military man shook his head. "We already injected him with adrenaline."

"That's good." I spoke flatly, shoving a scalpel up the wound, causing him to cry out in pain.

'Don't show sympathy, don't show empathy.'