Prologue

In the midst of darkness, a sky so red reflecting the blood moon with the dusty wind carrying ashes and debris across the field, lay thousands upon thousands of dead bodies.

Silence filled the world with only the sound of breathing from two heavily injured men who are kneeling on the ground low on chakra.

Feeling a mixture of emotions not knowing what to feel upon the realization that they finally managed to seal away the rabbit goddess and ended the 4th Shinobi War; the longest and deadliest out of all the wars the world has ever endured. The men felt no joy nor excitement, instead, only felt extreme grief, shock, despair, frustration, as they looked onto the battlefield with anguish as reality came crashing before them without mercy.

"No" One of the men whispered as he clenched his fists on the ground trembling, not wanting to believe that they were the only ones left, with his blond hair swaying to the side as a gush of wind blew past them.

While the other man beside him, lowered his head on the ground with his hands clenched tightly, as his black cloak flapped behind him due to the wind.

"T-This can't be it. We've finally ended the war and yet..." murmured the blond as he allowed himself to collapse on the ground on his side as he coughed and slightly curled into himself.

By his lead, the other black haired man also laid himself on the ground groaning in pain and exhaustion.

He was silent as he blankly looked at the red sky feeling empty and numb.

His thoughts going quiet as if nothing mattered anymore. Not even minding his own injuries as he laid bleeding on the ground.

"I-Is this r-really it?" The blond coughed in blood with tears threatening to flow from his cerulean blue eyes.

"M-My p-people... a-all g-gone..." he breathed tremblingly with blood dripping from the side of his mouth as his eyes dulled and slowly beginning to lose its light.

'Nii-san...' the black haired man fleetingly thought as teardrops slipped from his mismatching eyes disappearing to his hair as blood slowly spread under him and skin turning paler by each second.

Then there was a sound of something dragging along the ground moving towards them with heavy panting of breath, as a man with a ponytail fell to his knees in between the two.

He coughed with blood as he clutched onto his sides feeling his chest tighten and lossen while breathing with difficulty, aware of his broken ribs.

After calming down, he glanced at the weakened state of both of his friends who are in the verge of their own deaths.

He felt aggrieved, unwilling, and dispirited as he tightly closed his eyes upward to the sky, trying to contain his tears but a few slipped onto his cheeks. Painfully waiting for his turn to go next.

Silence once again claimed their surroundings as the wind blew through the battlefield, along the dried bodies of their comrades of the Allied Shinobi Forces and reaching the desolated villages across the shinobi land.

No life remained even after being released from the cocoon the rabbit goddess captured them with, for their life forces had already been drained and consumed, only leaving an empty husk to be decomposed and be one with the earth.

The red sky then slowly turned back to normal, revealing the night starry sky with the bright moon overlooking the earth with solemnity.

'Hold on, kit. This is not over yet.' Suddenly whispered the ninetailed fox inside the blond man as he looked exhausted yet determined, while sitting on the ground with his hands forming the tiger seal letting his red chakra engulf the three men completely.

Alongside him stood an old man wearing a white robe with Magatamas as he too formed the seal while closing his eyes in concentration.

A second passed, a sudden bright flash of light erupted, creating a pillar of white light shooting to the sky swiftly connecting to the moon.