Chapter 19

Hurriedly jumping from roof to roof, Fugaku grew anxiously uneasy upon hearing that the clan's elders dared to summon for his youngest child without his consent.

He was furious at their action, clearly not willing to involve his innocent son just yet.

His Sharingan swirled chillingly.

As he neared the place where the elders lived, he found his oldest son and Shisui conversing inside a silencing barrier.

Just as he neared them, both boys looked towards his direction and deactivated the seal upon his arrival.

"What happened?" He demanded.

"Otou-sama..." Itachi pursed his lips, not knowing what to say.

Fugaku frowned and glanced at Shisui to see him looking emotionlessly at the entrance door to the house.

Overwhelmed with his emotions, before he could take a step forward and rip open the door to see his youngest son, the door suddenly slid open and came out Sasuke who softly closed the door behind him.

"Sasuke..." Fugaku stared with complicated eyes along with Itachi and Shisui, at his son, who looked at them oddly calm.

"Is it done?" Itachi asked monotonously.

Knowing full well that something is obviously really wrong with his brother.

Or is he even his brother to begin with.

Tilting his head to the side, 'Sasuke' smiled in amusement.

"It is indeed."

All three immediately put up their guard and went into their fighting stances automatically activating their eyes, as they all noted his strange, suspicious behaviour as well as the lingering bloodlust surrounding him.

Also taking notice of the purple chakra leaking from his left arm.

"Who are you?" Fugaku demanded as he narrowed his Sharingan eyes, noticing how his son's posture seemed a bit more refined than before along with the way his eyes appear to be more cold, dark and battle-hardened.

Similar to a war seasoned shinobi's demeanour.

"Peace, gentlemen. Why don't we move this conversation somewhere private." 'Sasuke' suggested with a smooth, deep voice.

Tensing at his words, no doubt confirming their doubts that someone has indeed occupied Sasuke's body at some point.

They all thought of the possibility of it being their enemy whom Sasuke once warned them about, who also apparently marked him with a seal of obedience or possibly a seal of something else entirely.

But what they are doubtful about is how his chakra seemed to stay the same as before, not sensing a trace of foreign chakra in his system, aside from his right arm alone.

So how exactly is he being taken over? The seal perhaps? Or by something they are not aware of.

Guessing their train of thoughts, 'Sasuke' sighed as he stood with his hands behind his back.

"You don't have to worry. I am not who you think I am. Your enemy is my enemy. As I am family to you as you are mine."

Frowning at his claim, Shisui eased from his stance as he narrowed his eyes at him cautiously.

"Then what do you want?"

Warily easing from their stances to stand side by side each other, Fugaku and Itachi observed the boy more.

Not really trusting him. For they were still concerned about the well-being of their youngest.

"You do want answers, do you not? It's advisable if we could go to the main house for this confrontation."