Chapter 1

It was a silent night in the Hidden Village of the Leaf when a disturbance finally made itself known quietly, as a faint white light softly covered the bodies of the three sleeping 6 year old boys from three different locations, as the moon shone brighter than ever up in the sky before slowly reverting back to normal, as if its a dreamlike fantasy.

In the early morning light, people begun waking up from their slumber and started to fill the streets with a cheerful atmosphere as they interacted with one another actively and joyfully.

At the Nara compound in the main household, the wife of the Nara Head was already preparing their breakfast and started to place them onto the table.

Looking at the time, she realized that their son was still asleep and thought that he was being lazy again to get up from bed.

Taking off her apron, she went upstairs and entered her son's room. There she saw her son sleeping on his side facing the wall.

"Shika-chan, time to wake up." she sat on the side of the bed and shook his shoulder.

"You'll be late for school" she continued shaking him awake until he finally groans and swatted her hand away.

Standing up with a sigh, she swiftly took his blanket off of him and firmly stated "Get up and go down. Or we'll eat breakfast without you."

Placing down the folded blanket on the bed as she watched him squirm and still pretended to sleep, she walked out of the room shaking her head helplessly, not knowing that the moment her son finally opened his eyes, all the innocence a child must have within them had disappeared, only to be replaced by the hardened gaze of that of a war veteran.

Hearing the closing of the door, the boy, Shikamaru, immediately opened his eyes and slowly sat on the bed with an unreadable expression on his face.

His eyes quickly darted around the room, assessing the situation he suddenly found himself in, not expecting to be in an unfamiliar yet familiar place, since he thought it was death that finally took him.

Fighting in a war for 10 years, especially against powerful foes that can wipe out humanity, he was experienced enough not to panic and jump to conclusion without any solid facts, specifically, in the situation where he suddenly found himself waking up on a bed, as a child in his previous room with his parents still alive and well.

With his mind at work, he slowly stepped onto the floor as he took deep breaths while closing his eyes tight and clenching his hands onto the bedsheets, trying to have a feel of the coolness of the floorboards. He just then realized that everything felt too real to be true.

Opening his eyes, he jumped to his feet and went to the window, looking through the horizon, he noticed how oddly the village seemed intact, peaceful and old like how the buildings looked the same back when he was truly a child in the past.

Feeling suspicious as it was different from his expectations when he thought of waking up as a dead person and finally meeting his love ones in the other side, this was not what he imagined.

Because deep down, having the feeling of something was deeply wrong cannot be ignored and he learned to trust his instinct during the war for it saved his life multiple times.

Something's definitely wrong here, including the fact that it seemed as if its like a genjutsu that looked similar to the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

He admits that having his parents back was delightful but he knows that getting emotional now would be detrimental, as he still doesn't know what's going on.

His memories were a bit foggy as he only remembers falling unconscious when a faint white light suddenly exploded around the three of them.

'That's it! White light.'

Walking to the center of his room, he quickly squatted down and tried to meditate to get a feel of his chakra.

Because if this is really not the afterlife, then it definitely could be something else, also that he is most likely still alive, no matter how impossible that may seem.

Closing his eyes, he felt astonished to find that his chakra from when he was an adult was sealed away in his now younger body and that his chakra as a child remained the same.

Now realizing why his mother didn't get suspicious when she came to wake him up.

However, upon looking further in his chakra pathways, he found that surprisingly he can still have access to his original prowess as he tried to nudge the seal around his stomach, like a gate way to his original capabilities, just that his younger body may not be able to endure it without the proper training. 

Opening his eyes wide in surprise, he immediately looked grim as he pursed his lips in thought.

Finally confirming his thoughts that somehow he is still alive and definitely not in the after life as he hoped he would.

But it still wasn't enough to give him the answers to the why and how, no matter how amazing and quite advantageous the seal on his chakra was.

How is it even possible for him to be here? In his room at the Nara compound, with his parents still alive?

Is he somehow trapped in a genjutsu? But his chakra seemed fine and it doesn't feel like a genjustu at all but more like being transported somehow, away from the battlefield.

He also deemed it different from his experience from when he got trapped in the Infinite Tsukuyomi before he got rescued. The feeling he got from there compared to the feeling now were too different to point out.

'This is worrying. We had a similar situation back in the war when some of our teams got trapped in a genjustu to make them relive their times as a child, happy and innocent, almost wiping them out instantaneously since they obviously got lured into their desires of peace and rest from the despair and agonising darkness that is war. Fortunately, Sasuke was around as their backup and managed to save a few from being slaughtered by those Zetsus.' He thought.

"Waiting around here seems fruitless. It's best if I just walk around the village to get my answers." He murmured, jumping to his feet as he looked out the window.

'Now, the only challenge is how to manage not to look suspicious in front of my parents, either their real or not. I can't let my guard down. I still don't know what's really going on now. But hopefully, that white light is connected to this, then that can also mean that Naruto and Sasuke may also be here with me, considering that light mostly covered the three of us.' He frowned in thought.