Chapter 4

It was early in the morning at the main Uchiha household, when the 12 year old eldest son awoke to the feeling of something unsettling.

Frowning in thought for what it could mean, he stood from his bed and went through his morning routines, and decided to set that feeling aside for the meantime, but stayed alert and cautious, just in case.

Considering how today is one of his rare day offs from his missions as an ANBU and that his father has not made any requests at the moment, he felt that he could take this chance to relax a little while awaiting for any impending orders.

When he went downstairs and into the dinning room, he found his mother already preparing their breakfast.

"Good morning, Itachi-kun. Would you be a dear and go wake up your brother? The food is almost ready." His mother requested as she looked at him with a gentle smile.

Smiling in return, he nodded his head in understanding and turned back to the stairs up to the second floor.

However, by the time he walk through the hallway walking towards his little brother's room, he strangely found that he could barely sense any chakra inside.

Worried and alarmed, he quickened his pace and opened the door to his brother's room and surprisingly found no one inside.

With the bed untidied which was unusual.

Just then his thoughts unconsciously reminded him of the strange dreadful feeling he woke up to, making him further frown in deep speculation.

Perplexed and feeling even more anxious, he quickly looked around and found a window opened and immediately tried to sense where his brother could be.

'It would be impossible for someone to take him. There is no sign of struggle and no residue of foreign chakra. Then...'

As he finally pinpointed his missing brother's chakra, no matter how oddly small and barely noticeable it is, he quickly went through the window and climbed up to the roof.

He felt immediate relief wash over him when he found him standing on their roof, facing the hokage mountain.

Yet, he still felt bewildered on why his chakra seemed to be intentionally suppressed as he closely observed him.

For it was only thanks to his keen senses and experience that he was able to even locate his whereabouts. Which is really doubtful.

"Sasuke?" He called out to his brother in worry, not really expecting him to be on the roof so early in the morning. Thankful that nothing bad really happened.

Walking slowly towards his little brother, he quickly noticed how he seemed to be slightly shaking with his hands clenched tight by his side, as he stood behind him.

"What are you doing on the roof?" He squinted his eyes in scrutiny, wondering what could have happened for him to come here.

Since it was a first that he had done it so suddenly, considering how happy and carefee he was yesterday as if nothing was wrong.

Sasuke, who was afraid to turn around and face his supposedly dead beloved brother, tensed and stood frozen on the spot. Not knowing what to do, nor what to say.

'Naruto...' He hissed in his head. 'You better have an explanation for this.'

Especially, since he doesn't even know what's really going on. Clueless as to what to make of on the situation he found himself in. If this is even real or a fake?

'Shouldn't I just simply pretend...? But he would obviously catch onto it!' He thought in panic. 'I'm a shinobi, for goodness sake! Think! This is definitely related to that blond of an idiot!"

However, it was only then did he notice something wet sliding on his cheeks.

Raising his right hand to touch it, he instantly realized that he had unknowingly shed tears, as it continues to flow through his astonished eyes.

"Otōto? Is everything alright?" Questioned his brother as he too noticed something wrong with him, watching as he touched his wet cheek and stopped trembling, shocked out of his wits.

'He's crying?!'

Before he could walk in front of him with concern and bewilderment, he was caught off guard when Sasuke suddenly jumped off the roof and ran through the streets in the heat of the moment without thinking.

"Sasuke!"

'What exactly happened?!' Itachi thought worriedly as he chased after him, with a growing suspicion and doubt.

☆☆☆

Near the red light district, inside a certain apartment, the blond can be seen eating a cup of ramen while trying to formulate plans in his head as to what they'll possibly do now that they're here, unintentionally.

Later on with a final slurp of his noodles, he stood up and put it away. Finally decided to go look for Shikamaru first, since he was the best in all strategic planning for a long term success.

After quickly washing up, he went out the door. Just in time to see the person whom he was looking for.

"Shikamaru!" He greeted feeling surprised with his unexpected arrival and pleased at his great timing.

"Naruto." Shikamaru nodded in greeting as he hurriedly went up to him and frowned, immediately confirming his suspicions on the possibility that all three of them were present in whatever this place is.

"What's going on?" He questioned with gritted teeth, aware of his rising frustration and desperation for answers.

"Inside." Naruto then composed himself and stepped aside, widening his door open for him.

Walking in with full anticipation, Shikamaru turned towards him and folded his arms as Naruto locked the door, while swiflty placing a silencing seal around the room and anxiously faced him.

Taking a deep breath, he soon began explaining.

Starting with how they arrived, where they are at, confirming that they indeed traveled through time, that everything was real, and that consequences will soon be expected, especially if they were to access their chakra from the future.

"Let me get this straight. Kurama and the Sage of Six Path performed a time reversal jutsu to send us 21 years back to our academic childhood, before we officially died. To give us another fighting chance. Resulting to the fox going into hibernation and the Sage to fade out. Our actions in this timeline won't have any effect in the time we were previously in. But this allows us to still able to change the future as we go through. Side effects will most likely be centered on us, timetravelers, considering how our chakra from both forms did not fused as one. Meaning, by the moment we try to access our future adult chakra, which is not exactly welcomed by the natural flow of time, no matter what amount we used knowingly or not, being attentive to whatever side effects it will give in any shape or form is indeed imperative." Shikamaru summarised with one of his hands under his chin, wrinkling his brows in thought.

"Hmm." Naruto nodded in affirmation, as he stood with folded arms.

"Troublesome." Sighing, he adjusted himself to stand upright and looked at the blond before him.

"So, what are we going to do now, Hokage-sama?"