Chapter 9

Coming out of the hospital stealthily, the boys suppressed their chakra as much as possible, since they can't be seen visiting the Uchiha youngest heir so soon, they then dashed to the streets as they immediately felt the presence of the ANBU team trailing after them.

Their destination? Back at the academy.

To wait out their dismissal, since Shikamaru's mother will be there to pick him up.

Seeing it as their chance to see his father as planned.

A while later.

The bell finally rung as both boys stood by the swing under the treelines by the side.

Whispering as they watch children their age come out of the building with their parents awaiting.

"Shikamaru Nara!"

Almost on time, Yoshino came towards the boys, looking absolutely livid at her son.

"Ah kaa-san..." Shikamaru sweat dropped, realizing why she's upset.

"What do you think your doing skipping class?!" She twisted his ear and scolded him angrily.

"Ah ah... kaa-san!"

☆☆☆

Inside the hospital room, Sasuke sat on his bed with his hands on his lap as he thought of the conversation he had with his fellow travellers.

"So we'll purposely get his attention?" Sasuke asked Shikamaru.

"Yes. This might actually work. With my dad's help, we'll be able to expose all his dirty secrets with proper evidences without letting the council have a say in it. Although, joining his ranks is an option but, with our circumstances now, I don't think that would be a good idea either." Shikamaru sighed.

"What about letting the clan have more interaction with the village? I mean it would help ease the tension between the two parties." Naruto added.

"That would be a problem." Sasuke dissuaded. "Those grouchy elders in the clan are too stubborn to allow it. For they consider the clan to be high above anything else for that matter."

"But we could at least try." Naruto insisted. "Sasuke, your role in this might have an impact on how your clan would change. Now that you have your Sharingan and probably seen as a rising prodigy, they will inevitably pay more attention to you. Which could benefit us in the long run."

"How?"

"I just thought of something." He grinned with mischief glinting in his eyes as the other two boys felt wary.

"You better be right about this, dobe." He mumbled under his breath as he sighed.

Flinching slightly as he heard the door to his room open, mentally preparing himself for what's about to happen.

"Sasuke?!" Dreadfully knowing who it is by their chakra and voice.

Hearing a hurried shuffle towards his bed as he felt arms wrapped around him, tightly.

"Oh thank goodness your finally awake, my dear boy." Cried his mother on his shoulders as he hugged her back just as tight, feeling the rush of emotions trying to burst through him straightaway.

"We were all worried." She starts rubbing his back, back and forth.

"Kaa-san..." he whimpered.

"Shh... its ok..  its ok...  I'm here honey... I'm here..." she soothed as she kissed the top of his head with a tear sliding on her cheek.