Chapter 22

"How are you feeling today, Naruto-kun?" Hiruzen asked as he stood by the bed, gently gazing at his pseudo-grandchild.

"Everything's alright now, Jiji!" Naruto grinned up at him with a thumbs up to show his speedy recovery, fortunately having his right hand sealed with a genjutsu to hide any anomalies.

Chuckling, Hiruzen handed him a wrapped package which he received in confusion.

"Considering how you are more in favor of learning the Sealing Arts than attending the academy, I thought, giving you proper materials would lessen the risk of accidentally hurting yourself. However, keep in mind that I'll only allow you to skip a week from your classes to fully recover from the previous incident, Naruto-kun. You'll eventually have to go back. It's not good skipping your lessons after all." He stared at him sternly.

"Hehe... Copy that..." Naruto sheepishly replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Good." Hiruzen softened up and nodded in approval. "I also included an extra allowance in your package. Should you need it."

"...Thanks, Jiji..." Naruto carefully held the package in his arms with a soft yet pleased smile, his head lowered.

Feeling a little on the sentimental side. As he unconsciously recalled his past grievances.

He then felt a hand ruffle his hair endearingly as he further sunk on his seat on the bed with pursed lips.

"I'll be going for now, Naruto-kun. I'll see you soon." Hiruzen soon walked back to his office, leaving the blond alone in the room.

Naruto can't help but feel a little nostalgic upon such show of affection towards him.

It has been too long, indeed.

He felt his eyes sting a little but forced the emotions down as quickly as it came.

For he knew that now wasn't the time for it. Because he felt the chakra of a certain ANBU slip inside his room.

He honestly don't know how to face him.

Since he wasn't even sure if it was really a good idea involving him in their situation.

Although, his skill sets and influence may prove useful in the future, but it still doesn't make it feel right to him.

Or is it because of his connection to him from the future that he really felt reluctant in the current arrangement of today.

Either way, he still need to have some sort of access to send certain items to his comrades anyway. So why not just wing it like he always do.

"...Inu-san..." He twitched as he truly felt awkward speaking to him despite what happened last night's admittance.

"What is it?" Kakashi stood leaning on the wall in between the window and the bed as he spoke to his now confirmed adult inside a child's body, pseudo-little brother.

No matter how weird that sounded even to him.

"There's something I'd like you to do... Will you do it?" Naruto looked at him with uncertainty but with hope hidden within, which is unknown whether he is aware of it or not.

Sigh.

"I told you before. I'll gladly be of help with whatever it is you need, Naruto. You have my word." Kakashi held his gaze with genuine earnest and determination, surprising the blond at his response.

"Now..." he slowly broke eye contact as he got comfortable leaning on the wall, allowing the blond to compose himself.

"What is it that you need me to do?"