Chapter 20

Inside the dinning room of the Uchiha main house, sat the main family members including Shisui around the table, with the youngest facing them across while calmly enjoying his cup of tea with his eyes closed.

The atmosphere was suffocating with every single one of them, looked so intensely at 'Sasuke', who seemed so unbothered by it.

"Speak. Who are you?" Fugaku demanded with ire due how much time has been dragged on.

Itachi and Shisui sat emotionless while Mikoto, who also appears to be calm on the surface, can't help but kept fidgeting with her hands under the table, worried sick for her youngest child.

"So impatient." 'Sasuke' tsked as he smelled the aroma of his tea.

"But I must say, this tea is quite exquisite Mrs. Uchiha. Truly, it has been a long while since I had enjoyed as wonderful as this."

Silence. Filled with mounting uneasiness, wariness, apprehension, and frustrated worry.

Few minutes passed, 'Sasuke' slowly put down his teacup and laid his head on his upright hand onto the table, staring at them with amusement.

"This one really doeth not get why this one's annoying little brother is so captivated with ye mortals." He commented offhandedly.

"What???" He caught them all off guard, making them furrow their brows at him.

'Mortals?'

'Little brother?'

'This one?'

"Must be thine unpredictable nature." He mused.

Awkward stillness ensued at his words.

"What are your motives? Why Sasuke?" Itachi spoke up coldly after brushing off the questionable remarks, making 'Sasuke' look at him with interest.

"Why? For he's my incarnation." He bluntly responded with a casual shrug, further deepening their suspicions at him as they were very skeptical at his words.

"Incarnation? Exactly what do you mean by that?" Fugaku questioned.

"Basically I am part of him, he is part of me."

"That's..."

"Tell me, Fugaku... have you ever read the stone tablet at the Naka Shrine?"

Stunned, all the men were immediately vigilant and extremely wary of him.

Fugaku was frigid and so guarded that he dangerously glared at him with his Sharingan, hands clenched.

"How did you---"

"Surely, you have read the secrets of the Mangekyo Sharingan there."

Bang!

"Enough! Tell us who you are and how do you know all this?!" Fugaku angrily slammed his fist onto the table hard as he leaned towards him in intimidation.

'Sasuke' simply smirked at him with a teasing glint in his eyes.

Aggravating him even more.

"You little--!"

"Why I know all these is solely because of how it was my father who created that tablet." He flippantly cut him off as he suddenly straightened up in his seat with an elegant composure.

Fugaku choked.

"What?!" Catching them unprepared once more. Like rattled cats.

"Meaning I am your ancestor." He declared with pride.