Chapter 16

"Ah!!!"

A loud screech echoed through the walls within one of the most secured cells in the TI building, where one man sat covered in blood and severe injuries lay limp on his seat after being interrogated and mind-walked by both Ibiki Morino and Inoichi Yamanaka, respectively.

At the other side of the glass window overlooking the scene before them, stood Shikaku Nara, the Sandaime and Fugaku Uchiha.

Moments later, the door opened and walked out the two who then reported to their Kage gravely.

"It was useless to get him to talk due to a seal placed on to his tongue preventing that, especially when mentioning his boss. As it would automatically kill him off if we didn't stop him from speaking, Hokage-sama." Ibiki stated.

"When I entered his mind, it was suspiciously blank and white. A telling trait of being brainwashed, Hokage-sama. However, as I explored deeper, I managed to unlock some of his memories as a child where he was taken forcefully and trained like an animal who only listened to his master." He gritted his teeth in anger, feeling disgusted for how they grew up.

Stunned. All who listened frowned for different reasons.

"Not only that, he wasn't the only one who got kidnapped apparently. They were in a room huddled together. Some of the kids' features I recognised as traits from the other clans. Such as the Aburames, the Naras, and even... the Uchihas." He glanced at the Uchiha head with pity.

"What?!" Fugaku roared in disbelief, anger, shock, and mixed with other emotions as his Sharingan swirled furiously in response.

"...this is even more troubling than I thought..." Hiruzen frowned as he pinched the bridge of his nose in thought.

'Just what have you done, old friend.'

"Hokage-sama, I believe we need more evidences to catch him." Shikaku suggested with an unreadable expression.

"What evidences do we still need? Isn't this enough?!" Fugaku argued vehemently.

"Calm, Fugaku. I agree with Shikaku... no matter how much it pains me, Danzo has indeed have too much influence in the council. If we present only these kind of evidences against him, it won't be enough to persuade the whole council to end him due to his past services to the village and he will always find a way to give himself a way out. Hence why we need more concrete and solid proof of what he's done to warrant his death. Most especially if we are to prove that he's truly responsible for weakening the defences of the village on that day, the disappearances of the children either from the different clans or orphanages, the spreading of S-ranked information to the public, and his alleged alliance with a certain student of mine." The Sandaime explained as he narrowed his eyes at the unmoving body of the man through the glass window.

"Hn." Fugaku grunted in response as he gritted his teeth in annoyance, recalling what his youngest has told him beforehand.

***

"Do you recognize this mask, Sasuke?" He sternly demanded, pointing at the unconscious ANBU on their feet.

Flinching at the sight of the mask, Sasuke fidgeted in discomfort as he nodded in confirmation, angering his father even more while Itachi clenched his hands so tightly as if trying to draw blood.

"Now tell us what you were about to say, Sasuke. What negotiations were the two men talking about?"

Gulping as he trembled, Sasuke spoke quietly.

"Speak up, boy! So we could hear you!"

"...T-They said something a-about the Sharingan eyes..." he stated with clear shaky voice as their eyebrows lifted in question.