Chapter 8

"This time, it really isn't my fault." Naruto quickly defended himself. "It was Kurama and the Old man Sage."

Before Sasuke could respond, Shikamaru timely stepped in to ease the tension of the room.

"Assuming you already have a theory of where we are. Then we can assure you that we indeed traveled through time. We're back 21 years into the past into our 6 year old bodies. And this is all thanks to the fox and the Sage of Six Paths."

Opening but soon closed his mouth shut, Sasuke frowned and slightly lowered his head down and clenched his fists.

Seeing him so silent, Naruto grew anxious as he didn't know how to comfort him.

Shikamaru then told him of their findings and experiences as Sasuke just sat motionless through it all.

"Okay." A whisper soon sounded, making Naruto look at him a bit startled but expectant.

"So, how exactly are we going to do this?"

"We were planning to get my Dad somewhat a part of this." Shikamaru frowned.

"Considering how he was... is still a Jounin Commander, an Advisor to the Sandaime and a brilliant strategist. It is indeed beneficial to have him on our side if ever we get compromised."

"Hn." Silence.

"So, teme..." Naruto awkwardly begun while shuffling slowly to him, and to stop near the foot of his bed.

"What happened to you anyway?"

Stiffening, Sasuke gritted his teeth and soon released a heavy sigh as he allowed his body to relax a little.

"I woke up disoriented in my old room. At the Uchiha main household. I quickly found out about the seal on my chakra. But I also unknowingly triggered what you call the side effects when I activated my Sharingan. So, I went to the roof to investigate and there I had my own suspicions..." he trailed off with a grimace, recalling his guff that time.

"And?"

"...My brother found me. And I ran..." Making both Naruto and Shikamaru to look at each other knowingly.

Sighing tiredly, Sasuke clasped his hands on his lap and continued.

"When I found myself at the end of an alleyway, I finally felt the side effects taking its toll on me. It was an excruciating struggle within my mind and body..." He paused as he fleetingly recalled a piece of a vague memory during the ordeal. But he simply shrugged it off.

"Then I passed out."

A moment went by.

"...From what I can understand based on that and on how Naruto could still create silencing seals, it could be concluded that despite the specification of the side effects, there might still be a way for us to go around it." Shikamaru muttered as he put a hand under his chin and the other holding it up, thinking all sorts of possibilities.

"We could trigger these side effects only if we did something that was not yet learned or not within the time frame of said acts. But, if we were somehow exposed to its existence specifically within the alloted time, for example in Naruto's case, as he was exposed to the silencing seals quite a lot when he used to hang around the Sandaime in his childhood; then it seems to be considered as something learned and within the time frame."

"Things just had to get too complicated." Naruto sighed while Sasuke scoffed at him.

"Hence, if we just time the usage of our abilites without triggering the set boundary, we could probably still be able to use them without harm."

"So, we wait." Sasuke gathered.

"Yes."

In a moment of silence to digest all that, Sasuke spoke again.

"Who else? Who do you still plan to involve?"

"Aside from Shikaku, the Sandaime..." Naruto responded causing Sasuke to face his direction, slightly agitated.

"Don't worry. It won't be that soon." He immediately appeased him. "We'll only involve him IF the situation really calls for it." Sasuke then released a breath he was unconsciously holding.

"I understand why you're wary of him, but... I admit he really is getting too old for this." Naruto sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

Shikamaru choked. As Sasuke felt a jolt in his spine. Stunned with what the blond had just said.

"However, what we should really be worried about are his council and advisers. For they mostly went behind the Sandaime and had also influenced his decisions nowadays, since the end of the 3rd war and on his reinstatement. Especially a certain warhawk. " Naruto continued as he grew serious. Resulting to have both Sasuke and Shikamaru straighten their backs to him, in respect to their Kage.

"There's a lot to be done now that we're here. Most considerably that we're somewhat early to be able to at least change things. There's no going back."

"Hai!"

"Sasuke, I'll take it as you'll somehow manage? Since its your clan that would probably one of the first to be dealt with."

"I..." Sasuke stuttered. "I can." He firmly declared.

With a nod, Naruto faced Shikamaru.

"Is it alright for us to meet your Dad tonight?"

"Ah..." he thought as he grimaced, recalling his reaction to his parents early in the morning.

"Or maybe on some other day, perhaps?" Naruto quickly added, aware of how sensitive this may be for his friend.

"N-No... no..." Shikamaru shook his daze off.

"It's alright. Its better to do it now than never, anyway" He sighed, feeling resigned to the inevitable.

Giving him a solemn, knowing smile, Naruto cleared his throat and stood tall in front of them.

"We need to plan our next course of action. Firstly, our cover story, since people would most likely start to question our sudden closeness and awareness to certain details in which we showed no visible impressions previously. Mainly on how your Sharingan is more likely involved in it, Sasuke."

"Hn."

"But I'm sure with Shikaku's help, we'll figure it out."

"...Secondly..." Shikamaru followed. "We should be more mindful of our behaviours and try to blend in with the current time. Because the way I see it, we obviously act way more adult-like than being somewhat normal children. Which would really give alarm and gather unnecessary trouble for us."

"Right." Naruto nodded in affirmation as he faced Sasuke with a teasing smile.

"You heard him, teme. Try acting like a child."

"Shut it, dobe." He growled.

'Troublesome.' Shikamaru sweat dropped.

"Anyway, we obviously cannot act so out of character to avoid suspicion. Although, some circumstances may have already went against that, but with our cover story, that should be settled."

"Now, what I'm really concerned about is how are we going to explain your eyes, Sasuke." Naruto said anxiously, as Sasuke sighed exasperatedly while touching his bandaged eyes, feeling the slight numbness on it.

"I'm quite aware that it needs some serious training to be able to reach a matured Sharingan from the moment it activated for the first time. So, for you to have a matured one at your age will surely cause some serious commotion and weird speculations."

"Which will soon catch the attention of that councilman as he would deem you worthy to join his ranks." Shikamaru stated with a contemplative frown.

"What?!"

"Think about it. This may be our chance to deal with that guy once and for all. Before he could cause the downfall of a great clan."

Stunned. Naruto and Sasuke looked at him and soon, tried to think on what he just implied. Feeling a growing possibility in it.