Chapter 15

The next day, Naruto woke up lazily in his new room where he finally moved in yesterday in his father's estate.

With the help of a certain ANBU, who unexpectedly apologised with guilt, shame and misery for his absence in his life and in his instability also incompetence for not being able to take him under his custody, right after moving in last night, as he revealed his relation with his father.

Although Naruto was already aware of his mental condition due to how his sensei once confessed his past to him when they were alone inside a tent back at the war, sharing stories of his life.

It still made a painful ache in his heart when he heard it again, especially when he witnessed how his sensei was so distraught and desperate that he knelt before him with his head down, tears rapidly falling while holding his hand in a tight gentle grip, spouting words of apology.

It was truly a long night reassuring the man, saying that he understood and forgives him for not exactly being there for him, going as far as to acknowledge his silent protection over him whenever he got bullied by the villagers during his time of being his guard or even when he's not busy.

Thanking him for at least trying, despite his instability and in his battle against the pressure from the council who restricts his movements concerning the blond.

Stunned by the words of his sensei's son, Kakashi immediately took him into his arms as he cried tremblingly, feeling a mixture of unexplainable burst of emotion in his chest.

Rubbing his eyes awake, Naruto looked around the room feeling a bit nostalgic and finally felt a sense of belongingness that he so longed back from the war.

Since he once stayed in this estate for only a few days when he was told about his parents' inheritance for him right after a week of rest from fighting at the forefront.

Before once again being deployed right after his inauguration as the Seventh Hokage of the Hidden Leaf and the Chief Commander of the Allied Shinobi Forces.

He truly missed living in this house where he can feel the warmth and security of the chakra signatures of his late parents.

The war had gone on for so long that people from around the world begun to feel hopeless and less spirited about their survival, not feeling secured or even certain about their victory, despite having both the reincarnations of the sons of the Sage of Six Path to help them along with the Edo Tensei Hokages by their side.

They really didn't expect that the war would drag on for this long.

That Black Zetsu meticulously planned everything with multiple back up plans, resulting to a zombified army created to destroy them.

Naruto shook his head disrupting his musing as he forced himself to go get ready for the day, for he knew that the second phase of their plan is already waiting to be enacted.

Especially now that they have a proper base of operation and a special training ground at the backyard suited for their kind of training.

He admits that they could have done away with the warhawk much quickly but because of the unfortunate restrictions placed upon their abilities and chakra, they're regrettably could only rely on outside help and in brainstorming strategies to achieve their goal with limited options.

☆☆☆

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

Several shurikens embedded itself onto a tree trunk as a raven haired boy landed on his feet with his eyes intensely focusing on his target.

Looking at his hands, he grimaced.

'My aim is a bit off but not lacking, my chakra is a little unstable but that can easily be fixed with chakra control since my chakra pathways were forcefully made into that of a genin way too suddenly, resulting to a physical discomfort in adjusting my body and movements. My abilities are obviously limited only to the basics and that my taijutsu is coming along quite nicely.'