Chapter 17

Walking through the village in a henge as he bought grocery and new clothes, Naruto hummed a melody in a cheerful way.

Although he felt eager to check on Sasuke of how's he been, doing that would make things counterproductive instead.

'If only politics isn't this complicated...'

Sighing in defeat, he quickly walked home and buried himself in fuinjutsu training, seeing that it will at least provide his mind something to do and keep himself ready for the next phase.

As it will also unlock some of his fuinjutsu skills from the future if he furthers himeslf in his studies, along with a back story for his knowledge, should the need arise.

☆☆☆

In a moment of neglect and in a burst of adrenaline, Shisui swiped at Sasuke who stood with wide eyes, watching as his cousin's blade accidentally slit his throat.

Catching him off guard, Shisui gasped in horror, making him go pale at the realization of what he has done settled in, with blood splattered on his pale face.

Within that exact moment of his stunned state, before he realised what was happening a second too late, the surrounding area suddenly broke apart like shattered glass.

He soon found himself still in his attack position with a sudden kunai on his neck threateningly instead, with the disappearance of the severely wounded boy in front of him, whom he thought he had killed by accident.

What a complete reversal!

"You lost." Sasuke whispered in Shisui's ear dryly as he tightened his grip onto the kunai close to his neck, making it bleed a little.

Discovering that he was astonishingly put under a realistic genjutsu without him knowing, Shisui was impressed that he actually managed to be able to use it so efficiently, no matter what how low leveled it is.

Since genjutsu was one of his specialties, if he were to admit.

He raised his hands up in surrender and grinned.

"You got me."

Clap! Clap! Clap!

Hearing the clap, both of them regained their composure and looked at the incoming individual with varying expression.

'Even though I sensed him earlier...'

"He really did got you good, Shisui. I'm surprised he actually caught you in a genjutsu." Itachi commented as he stood in front of them with a faint smile, tossing an energy bar at his little brother who caught and immediately ate it.

"Haha... I really didn't expect it either!" Shisui cackled as he looked at Sasuke in wonder, while wiping the blood off on his neck.

"I never would've thought that you'd have such control to make even me see it as reality for a split second there."

"Hn." Sasuke, upon hearing their praise, looked away with his arms crossed.

"I must say... your taijutsu and weapon wielding are either in low chunin or high genin level already. Your use of the Sharingan is also quite impressive. Just how in the world did you managed to do that?" He finally questioned him, looking at him with a thoughtful frown.

"..." Silence.

Sasuke felt uncomfortable at his stare that he avoided looking at any them, as he rubbed his shoulder in a vulnerable posture.

"...about that..." Itachi intervened with a stern gaze at his cousin.

"What? What is it?" Shisui grew even more suspicious and also worried with how serious this matter is getting.