13th

Diary entry #9

How is it taking Sophie so long?
I'm still waiting for her to come back. But why isn't she? Maybe she actually likes Fitz.
I see them together all the time and maybe... just maybe... I MIGHT be getting jealous instead.
NO I WILL BE STRONG.
She is the one who needs to apologise. Like, what did I do?

NOTHING AT ALL!!!

SO WHY AM I STILL WAITING?!?!
WHY??!! I'm so sick of dates with Sandi. All she does is sit on her phone. Sometimes she will kiss me but it's emotionless. At least for me it is.
She takes selfies sometimes too. Of me and her.  I try to smile. She sends them to her friends to make them jealous.
Also, I think she secretly takes photos of me. It's kinda weird to look up and see a phone pointed towards you and Sandi saying something to stop me from asking about it. It is a weird relationship and I hope she didn't do that to other boys.

Well, anyway, I gotta go.
Bye
-Keefe

Real life - except in Sophie's perspective.

Sophie walked to the shops down the current street she was in. She could've registered that Dex lived down here but her mind was too full to register information like that. Full of Keefe. And Fitz.
It was complicated now.
Sophie knew that she still liked Keefe but it was... a different feeling now that Keefe didn't like her.
Like, mostly anger. A lot of anger.
The one thought driving this anger was:
Why would he try to control my life?
The other day, Keefe had said that Sophie couldn't be FRIENDS with Fitz. Or something around that.
And because Keefe hasn't apologised yet, that means he didn't regret saying that. And he wants her to not have friends. Who are boys. I mean, sure, he might be a bit paranoid, but he doesn't have to FORCE HER to not have a friendly relationship with others. So, Sophie decided to make Keefe so jealous that he would want to apologise for being like that. So that's how Sophie ended up dating Fitz.

It worked in movies.

IRL - Keefe's perspective

"Did you get her?" Someone asked out of Keefe's view. "Yeah. Sophie didn't like it. It was a struggle." Someone answered.
Sophie? Keefe thought uneasily.
"Oh, so that's why-"
Keefe jumped from around the corner. Dex and Tam stared at him. Tam shrugged. "Where did you put Sophie?!" Keefe asked, crossing his arms. Dex looked at Tam. Tam looked back. And then Tam smiled, at Keefe. Keefe swallowed nervously. Dex then asked, "should I..?"
"Let me." Tam answered still smiling. He walked towards Keefe slowly and Keefe backed up. Until he was at the wall. Tam then grabbed Keefe and dragged him up the hall. Keefe panicked and broke free from Tam's grip. He ran the opposite way but Dex jumped in front of him. Keefe screeched to a halt and franticly glanced around for a way to escape. But then Tam grabbed him from behind and brought him towards a cupboard. Dex got out a silver key and Keefe was shoved into the cupboard. The cupboard was locked as Keefe hit his head on the boards. He might've blacked out, or maybe he didn't. Except the next moment he opened his eyes, he was on the floor of the cupboard. Keefe groaned as he got up. When he was standing, he heard someone else breathing in the small space. "Who's there."
When the voice spoke, it was full of anger, "Sophie."
Keefe's eyes widened and -not that Sophie could see or anything - he blushed. "Why are YOU in here?" Keefe asked with a hint of weariness. Sophie shifted next to him. "Dex tackled me and dumped me in here."
"Oh. Tam AND Dex grabbed me."
"Mhm," Sophie still sounded angry.
"Why are you angry?" Keefe asked hesitantly. Sophie didn't answer except for a frustrated sigh.
And then Keefe remembered what Sophie did. "How's Fitz?" Keefe asked and successfully hiding his anger.
"Why?"
"Just asking."
Sophie paused before talking. "Well, how's Sandi?"
Keefe swallowed nearly inaudibly. Was his girlfriend finally making Sophie jealous??
"Amazing!" Keefe cried.
"Same, then."
Keefe cried inside. Why did he say 'amazing'?? "Seriously? Fitz is just..." Keefe stopped talking.

" Keefe stopped talking

"What? Say it." Sophie challenged.
"No."
"Why?"
Keefe grimaced in anger. "How about YOU finish that sentence?"
"Fine," Sophie agreed defiantly.
"Fitz is just... so amazing to be with. Like you have NO idea."
Keefe's stomach fell. That was not good. She was not jealous at all. "Shut up."
"What? Why-"
"Shhhhh" Keefe shushed Sophie.
Voices came close to where they were. Keefe recognised them as Dex and Tam. "Do you think they made up yet?" Dex asked.
Tam snorted. "They're probably kissing right now."
The lock clicked and the door opened.
There was no mistaking the disappointment that crossed their faces when they saw that Keefe and Sophie hadn't made up, or kissed. Keefe shoved Dex and Tam apart as he stomped away. Sophie slowly got out and watched Keefe trudge down the hall.
"That was unsuccessful." Dex noted.
Sophie glared at him.
"What? It's true."