24th

Keefe sat in the theatre seat. It was another date they were having, he and Sophie.
He smiled as Sophie sat next to him. Keefe put his arms on the armrests and sophie rested her hand on his.

Later in the movie, Keefe started trembling.
What's wrong? He asked himself. Then someone on the screen shouted. And that was when it went wrong.

His arms on the armrests- it was too familiar, and especially the weight of Sophie's hand. The room was dark, obviously but it reminded him of the interrogation room.
The... interrogation... room.

Keefe shouted and jerked himself away from Sophie. Then paused.
"Keefe- it's okay," Sophie stood up in alarm.
Keefe shook his head and tried to run into the isle. Except that he tripped and slammed into the ground.

Keefe cried out and covered his head. What's... what's going on?? Keefe's unfocused mind questioned. The cinema room was spinning and a few people got out of their chairs to check on Keefe. "Hey, you ok?" One asked. But Keefe just whimpered and curled up more. "He's okay," Sophie assured everyone, dragging Keefe to his feet. Keefe stared at her. "Soph."
"Uh huh?"
Keefe stumbled away from her. "No."
"Keefe come back," Sophie ordered. But Keefe ran out the cinema.

When Keefe got out the building, everything was too bright, too loud. He put his hands on his ears and grit his teeth. Then Sophie came up behind and hugged him. And Keefe collapsed.
"I'm fine," Keefe murmured, making no move to get up. "No you're not, we need to get you to the hospital."
"Why?"
"Because... uh, because... never mind."
Keefe stood up shakily, "then I don't need to go."
"No, Keefe! You have... uh.." Sophie squeezed her eyes shut. She took a unsteady breath. "You have PTSD, alright!" Sophie shook her head. "You don't know what it is, don't you..."
Keefe laughed. "What are you talking about Sophie? I don't have... PDSD..."
"Yeah, you don't. Because it's PTSD."
"Whatever."
Sophie narrowed her eyes. "Wow."
Keefe lightly nudged her. "What?" Sophie smiled for a second before frowning. "Right, Sophie. Stop it," Keefe dragged her to the bus stop. They were going home now.
"You stop it!" Sophie wrenched her arm out of his grip.
"Foster- I don't wanna fight."
Sophie chewed her lip. "Sorry."
"It's ok." Keefe paused and added hastily, "and I'm ok."
He slipped his hand in hers, causing her to relax.
"Alright. But you're gonna have to explain what happened befor-"
Keefe cut her off by kissing her.
"Keefe, I know what you're trying to-"
Another kiss.
"Keefe," Sophie insisted, but again, was cut off before she could say anything.
"Uh uh," Keefe put his finger on Sophie's lips and smiled. "No talking."
Sophie rolled her brown eyes. "Fine," she fulfilled his wishes. The thing was, Keefe didn't know what happened. All he could remember was having horrible flashbacks.

Quietly, they took the bus home. Well, to Keefe's house. The moment they walked inside, Sophie excused herself to go to the bathroom. Keefe waited for her on his couch.
When she came back, Sophie was acting weird. She kept glancing at him with a look of terror, like he had figured out her biggest secret.
Which, he hadn't. But wouldn't mind knowing.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, interrupting their chatting. "I'll get it," Sophie cried as she jumped out her seat. She seemed really eager to see who it was. Hm.

There was quiet talking, for so long that Keefe got impatient in waiting. It was his house, so the person was most likely wanting him. Keefe strolled up to the door. Then paused in disbelief, horror and fear.

"No- Sophie! You... you did this! You-" Keefe backed away from the door. "I'm not going back. You can't make me."
At the door was a nurse from the hospital.
"We're just going to do some tests," the woman assured him- and it didn't work.
"I'm not going back."
"Okay fine, we'll do the tests here," the nurse decided.
Keefe shook his head. "No. You are not going to do any tests."

Keefe wasn't scared about the nurse and the tests, he was scared about the results.
What if he did have an anxiety disorder? But, everything had been normal except that one flashback. See? Only one, which means he was fine.

And, of course, when Keefe says he's fine, he's not.

"Keefe, just let her," Sophie pleaded. Keefe backed away more. "No, no! You can't force me!" Then he ran into his bedroom, locking the door.
Murmuring was heard through the door, and eventually the sound of a door closing. Someone knocked on his bedroom door.
Keefe knew it was Sophie, so he opened it. Sophie hugged him the moment the door was wide open.
"I'm going now," she whispered in his ear.
"Cya."
"Bye."
And she was gone, leaving Keefe with his thoughts.

And that night, Keefe had nightmares. He didn't know it was actually flashbacks. Keefe always woke up with a start, and forgot his dream.

He thought he was safe from Fitz. But Fitz haunted Keefe even when he wasn't there.

Keefe's hair 101जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें