23rd

Keefe braced himself.
And nearly collapsed from relief.
Finally, he could stand. And walk.
It had nearly been 2 months.
He was so happy, he went and hugged Sophie.
When he pulled away, Sophie blushed and looked away, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.
Score.
Lately, Keefe has been making Sophie blush, and it has nearly turned into a game. It is entertaining to see what made her blush.

"Finally! I can go home!" Keefe crowed, jumping up and down. But stopped jumping because it hurt. "Ow."
"Yeah, yeah. Don't get too excited," Sophie told him, ruining the moment. "The hospital might still want you here."
"Way to ruin it, foster," Keefe grumbled.
Sophie blushed and smiled shyly.
What?! HOW did THAT make her blush??!!
"You're the moody one," she said sweetly.
"I'm not Tam!" Keefe protested. Sophie rolled her eyes. Then burst out laughing, causing Keefe to laugh along.

"Yes, yes, yes, YES!!!" Keefe shouted and spun Sophie around. Sophie laughed.
Keefe was allowed to go.
Sophie pulled herself out of his embrace, her face red.
Another..
Keefe chased her out the hospital. But he had to stop, because his chest started hurting again. But he said to Sophie: "I'm out of shape from sitting in a hospital bed."

Keefe had told Sophie he didn't want to go home yet, so for the whole day, Keefe and Sophie hung out. Keefe, making Sophie blush a lot.
Keefe slipped his hand in hers when they were walking him home. Another blush. 
He so badly wanted to kiss her, but... he couldn't make that mistake again. Kissing her with no permission.

Finally they got to Keefe's house.
And it suddenly dawned on Keefe.
Back in the hospital, Sophie was always there- all through the night, and the day. She had never left. But now, she would be going to her house, and won't be next to Keefe when he woke up. And would she come the next day? Sophie was his only friend. But she had other friends. She can't just spend all her time with Keefe...
And Fitz was Keefe's only other friend before...
Fitz. What happened to him?

"Good bye Keefe.." Sophie whispered.
"Bye.."

Sophie must've heard the dejected tone in his voice because she paused.
Then she grabbed his collar, pulled him down, kissed him quick on the mouth and ran away.

Wow, she's short if she needed to pull me down to kiss- wait... that was Keefe's first thought. Then: SHE JUST KISSED ME!

Keefe smiled and walked inside, now not caring if he didn't see her tomorrow.

Keefe went to his bed and fell asleep, still smiling.

Keefe woke up to knocking on the front door. He stumbled out of his bed and to the door. "Yes?" He mumbled, and opened it.
Sophie stood there with a smile on her face. Then she studied him and apologised. "Sorry, I thought you would be awake!"
"What- you don't like my bed hair?" Keefe asked, with a smirk.
"Umm."
"What?"
"Your hair is fine. It's just... never mind," Sophie glanced away with a blush.
Keefe looked down and noticed he didn't have a shirt on. "Ohh. You're flustered! I know, I look so-"
"Uhh, Keefe? Please stop." Sophie looked embarrassed.
"Right. Sorry. Uhh- come in, I'll be dressed soon."
Sophie came in and Keefe ran to get dressed.

"Okay, so why are you here?" Not that Keefe minded...
"I just... wanted to hang out? I don't know. Why can't I?" Sophie stared helplessly at the table. "Oh- of course you can! But I thought there would be a reason... oh, never mind," Keefe shrugged.
Sophie looked around. "Where are your parents?"
"Parent," Keefe mumbled. "My dad, I never see him ever. My mum... she died I think. My dad never talks about it."
"Oh. Sorry."
Keefe winced slightly. "Don't be. I never knew her." And something tells me I'm lucky, Keefe thought of his dad barely talking because he was grieving. And then leaving him all alone at home.
"Did you get in trouble with your parents? For staying at the hospital for 2 months?" Keefe asked.
"Oh... not that much. I only got one lecture..." Sophie smiled as Keefe snorted. "Only one? Wouldn't Grady like... ground you?"
"No, Edaline was there that time."
Keefe didn't have anything else to ask or say, so he sat there, eating his breakfast.

Then he remembered last night. Right now, Sophie was acting kind of on guard, as if Keefe would say something that she wouldn't like. Probably about last night. "Hey, Soph..." Keefe started.
Sophie tensed, probably sensing what was about to come. "Um, yes?"
"Last night-"
"Yes, I'm sorry! I should've asked first or someth-"
"No!"
"What?"
Keefe smiled. "It's okay."
Sophie suddenly relaxed and she slid down her seat. "Great. So... is that it's okay I kissed you, or it's okay I kissed you because you wanted me to?"
Keefe raised an eyebrow. "Why do you wanna know?" He teased.
Sophie shrugged. "Never mind," she said quickly.

"Sooo... you really don't know?" Keefe asked.
"Don't know what?" Sophie answered with a question.

Why is she so oblivious? Keefe wondered.

"You know I like you, right?" Keefe asked.
"No," Sophie answered, maybe thinking this was a joke.
"Well, I do," Keefe informed and leaned across the table to kiss Sophie. Sophie was red when he leaned back.

"Okay," she murmured, still fazed.

"Now we're even!" Keefe smiled.