26th

Sophie

Exhausted from caring for Keefe, Sophie collapsed onto his couch. It was very late and she had just made Keefe sleep.
Even though a little fear crept into her brain. Difficulty sleeping or staying awake. What if he didn't wake up?
Sophie didn't have to strength to walk back to his room, let alone wake him up and confuse him.

She fell asleep.

Around 4 am Sophie was jolted from her sleep.

Keefe

Keefe screamed in terror. He gripped the blanket around him.
It was dark in his room. It was quiet. His nightmare had shown him horrible things. He couldn't remember much but he knew he was terrified.
Keefe's door burst open and Sophie stumbled in. "Fitz-" She peered at Keefe. "Oh."

Keefe hyperventilated as Sophie led him out his bed. The name Fitz crawled around his brain and brought forth confusing memories. Happy memories... but then Keefe's dream popped up and Keefe wrenched himself from Sophie. Restriction- that was what triggered Keefe. Restriction that led to hopelessness.

Suddenly Keefe felt that his dream wasn't so fiction.

"Let's go for a walk," Sophie was saying. But the words passed over Keefe's head as he relived moments in his life. He was shuddering and jerking violently. Then Sophie got him outside and he relaxed at the expansion of the street.

Keefe looked at Sophie and huddled closer to her. It was cold, after all. "Where're we going?" Keefe asked, his words slurring a little from tiredness.
"McDonald's."
The answer was so unexpected that Keefe assumed he heard wrong. Except he didn't ask for a clarification. So when they DID turn up at McDonald's, Keefe was surprised.

"What're we getting?" He asked as he slid onto a seat. He relaxed at the heated McDonald's.
"Whatever you want," Sophie replied nervously. She glanced at Keefe in a worried way.

"Hot chocolate..." Keefe murmured, putting his head on the table and closing his eyes. It was really warm in here.

Sophie went over to the McCafe section.

The next thing Keefe knew, Sophie was shaking him awake with his hot chocolate. "Sorry," he mumbled. "It was just so nice and warm..."
"It's okay," Sophie replied, sitting next to him instead of in front. She also had a hot chocolate.

As Keefe was drinking his HOT chocolate he started nodding off again. But Sophie nudged him and he kept his eyes open. Keefe slipped his hand into Sophie's and tried to focus on that contact to keep him awake.

"Oh darn," he muttered. "I'm so tired."
"Just stay awake a little longer... for me?" Sophie squeezed his hand.
"Alright..." he rubbed his eyes. "For you."

Keefe didn't know of the blinding terror that grasped Sophie's heart whenever he started falling asleep.

Except right then, Keefe looked into Sophie's eyes and saw the fear shining in them. Suddenly he was awake. "What's wrong? Who's scaring you?" He asked, standing up and glancing around McDonald's. But there was only the register guy and he was asleep.
"No one. I'm not scared," Sophie denied.

"You can tell me anything." Keefe was saying as Sophie was walking him home.
"It doesn't matter..." Sophie grumbled, in a bad mood now. When they finally arrived at Keefe's house, Sophie paused.

And Keefe realised what she was thinking.

"Do you have to go to your house..?" He asked sadly.
Sophie nodded. Keefe hugged her for a long second.

Like a really, really long second. "Alright... good bye." Keefe fell back. "Wait. Do you want me to-"
"No I can walk myself home."

"..." Keefe watched her leave. He sighed and went into his house.

A bit shorter than my other chapters but hey, it was a chapter right?
Anyway, the reason I'm writing down here is to ask you guys: what do you call McDonald's for short?
I live in Australia so:

Macca's

Hopefully I will have enough motivation to write another chapter... or start one today.