18th

"Sophie- stay in my room." Keefe shoved her in and tried to close the door. "Wait-" Sophie pushed against it. "Let me help-"
"No, Sophie- stay here, okay?!" Desperation flicked into his voice and Sophie retreated. Keefe closed the door and took a breath. "Here we go," he mumbled.

"Hey, Fitz. Um... what are you doing here?"
Fitz looked over at him and smiled. Keefe shivered involuntarily. The smile was ominous. 
"Just want to talk."
"Yeah- sure. How about later?" Keefe suggested.
"No!" Fitz growled.
"How did you even get in here?" Keefe groaned. Fitz shrugged. "It was unlocked."
"Alright. So you didn't knock- fine. What is it you wanna tell me?"
"I want to tell you..." Fitz stalked closer. "To back off!" Fitz swung a fist towards Keefe.

Keefe dodged it. "Fitz- what do you mean?"
"I mean stay away from Sophie! She's mine!" Fitz went for another punch and made contact with Keefe's face. Keefe fell onto the floor, clutching his head. "You don't own her!" Keefe choked out. Fitz kicked Keefe in his stomach. Keefe groaned loudly. He tried to get up but Fitz kicked him down so he was face down. "Actually, I do."
Keefe's vision blurred. "No," he gasped, "she doesn't like you!" One more sharp thud into Keefe's back and he passed out.

Sirens.
Yelling.
Blackness.
The soft feeling of a hand in another.
Whispering.
A piercing scream.
Blackness again.

"You're okay."
Keefe sat up abruptly, with a sharp burst of pain. "Sophie! Where's Sophie- she's in trouble- Fitz!"
Keefe's voice sounded hoarse. He looked around and saw he was in a hospital room. "I'm... not there." Keefe saw a nurse and clutched her forearms. "Where's Sophie- tell me where Sophie is!" He yelled, ignoring the pain inside his stomach. "She's fine-"
"I don't need to know if she fine- I need to know where she is!" Keefe shouted. The nurse stared at him with wide eyes. "I'm sorry, I can't-"
Keefe gripped her arms tighter and she cried out. "TELL ME!" He demanded. He continued screaming hysterically for Sophie- not caring that the nurse scrambled away and slammed the door shut, calling for others. Keefe tried to get out of his bed but collapsed from the pain on the ground. "Sophie-" Keefe cried and tried to get up, over and over again, but always falling back down from the agony.

Then he was restrained and moved into a more secure room. After that, all Keefe did was lay and stare at the ceiling. He didn't move. He didn't register the people coming in and giving him food. All he did was relay the fight and shatter slowly.

The next time someone came with food, he calmly took it and ate. For the first time. He even drank some water. The nurses congratulated themselves and Keefe. But Keefe just stared. He was unable to focus on the words.

The pain was gone now. But the pain inside Keefe's head wasn't. One time he started crying and the nurses had to try to console him. It didn't work, but eventually Keefe fell asleep.

"Keefe?"
A female voice called from the doorway. Keefe didn't move. Then he slowly looked at the girl.
Sophie clutched the door frame. "They said you were unstable- they said I can't go any further than the door. They said you were unpredictable."
"No, it's fine. I'm fine."
Sophie took a cautious step inside. She checked the hallway and ran towards him. "I read your diary," she blurted out. Before Keefe could react, she continued. "And I like you."

Then suddenly they were kissing and Keefe ruined it by punching her. She gasped and took a step back. "I'm sorry- I..." Keefe tried to apologise but Sophie ran out mumbling, "You are unstable."

Keefe woke up. It was a dream he realised. Then he realised that he had hurt Sophie. Is that why I'm not allowed to talk to Sophie? Keefe thought, I might... hurt her?
This made Keefe even more haunted by his memories and he ate less and less food.

When he ate 2 bites and pushed the plate away, the nurses tried to force him to eat it. "You can't keep me here forever," Keefe forcefully murmured. Which was the first time he had talked in a long time. "You just have to accept I'm not going to get better."
"You will."
"No I won't! Why else have I been here for so long??" Keefe tried to shout but it came out as a whisper.  The nurse closest to him smiled. "Well, at least now you recognise that you're sick."
"Yeah- I have been for the last... I don't even know how long!" Keefe whispered loudly. "Please. Can I see Sophie?"
"You're too unstable."
Keefe shivered. That was the exact thing Sophie said in his dream. The nurses said more, but now Keefe couldn't focus on their words any more. "What?" He asked. The word sounded strange on his tongue.
Keefe continued staring at them with a blank expression as they kept talking. Eventually, they left him alone after he said yes. He didn't know what he agreed to but... hopefully it was something good.

Sometime later, it could've been hours or days, Keefe didn't know, the nurses came back with news. "The police are calling you in."
Keefe didn't say anything. He just cocked his head. "Oh- I don't know why, they said they couldn't tell us," the nurse quickly answered.

So, because he was 'unstable' the police were instructed to keep him handcuffed. Also because he was 'unpredictable'.
So Keefe was 'unstable', 'unpredictable' and 'unable to be visited'.
The latter wasn't true, but it felt like it.
So, Keefe was led into a police car with his hands behind him and his eyes downcast. Everyone must think he was arrested.

Wait.

What if he was getting arrested..?