27th

It would've been a great day.

Except Keefe had to be stopped before leaving the house.
By his Dad. Or as Cassius preferred: his Father.

Keefe honestly just thought of him as Cassius. Someone who wasn't close to him...

"Where are you going?" Cassius' sharp voice snapped as Keefe opened the door. "Aren't you still sick?"

"No." Was Keefe's blunt reply as he continued opening the door. "Answer my first question," Cassius ordered. Keefe sighed. "I'm just going to Sophie's. Is that bad?"

"Yes. You have been spending all your time with that girl!"
Keefe huffed angrily and slammed the door shut with a loud bang. "Don't slam the door!" Cassius cried furiously.
"Well, then, don't call Sophie 'that girl'! Call her SOPHIE!!" Keefe shouted. He punched a wall.

Cassius grabbed Keefe's arm and yanked him towards his bedroom. "Grounded. Don't shout at me and most definitely don't punch the walls!" Cassius scolded him intently.

"FINE!!" Keefe shouted, banging his door shut and screaming with anger.
"Shut up!" Keefe's father yelled at him. "You're acting like a 5 year old!"

Keefe guessed he kinda was. But he was SO angry at his Father.
Eventually Keefe cooled down and took out his phone.
Srry foster... he texted.
Immediately Sophie texted back. It's ok
Wait
What r u srry for?
I can't go to ur house 2 day, Keefe reluctantly wrote down.
Why?
I'm grounded... Keefe sighed and put his phone on his bedside table.

Except it buzzed straight away.
Um why
Keefe wondered what she would do if he left her on read.
Keefe.
Oh. She put the period there.
Fine. I was grounded for shouting at my father
It wasn't the full truth but Sophie wouldn't know. And she didn't need to know either.
And..? She asked.

Darn.

I punched a wall
Keefe didn't want to see her reply so he threw his phone under his bed.
Buzz. Keefe twitched. But he wouldn't pick it up.

He gave in eventually.
Sophie had sent him a voice message. "Are you okay, Keefe?" The concern in her voice was cute and... just like Foster. Keefe smiled at the sound of her voice.
"I'm okay, Foster. I was just angry," he replied.
"Was?"
"Um... yeah. I'm not anymore."

"Give me your phone." A voice full of anger commanded.
"Father, please. That wasn't part of-"
"It wasn't but it is now. You shouldn't be talking to that girl," Cassius held his hand out for Keefe's phone.
"But she's my girlfriend!" Keefe protested. "And don't call her 'that girl'!"

Cassius didn't lower his hand. Keefe muttered an insult as he handed his phone over; of course it had to buzz right then. He caught a glimpse of 'Keefe? Are you there?'

"What did you say to me?" Cassius demanded as he snatched the phone.
"I said," Keefe straightened his posture so it was more insulting. "You are a terrible father."

It had obviously hit his sore spot. Cassius stormed out the room, leaving the door open. Keefe slammed the door shut after he yelled: "The worst!"

Before Keefe could change his mind, he jumped out his window. He was going to Sophie's after all.

Sophie had a new house.

(Remember that Sophie's house was wrecked in the earthquake?)

It was one of the houses on a hill. Meaning, there were a lot of stairs to get to the front door. But Keefe didn't care as he climbed the vast amount of stairs.
He knocked on the door and Sophie answered it.

"Hi- wait Keefe??" Sophie jumped. "I- I thought you were grounded!"
"I am." Keefe agreed as he strode inside.
"But-but," Sophie spluttered with confusion.
"Shh," Keefe put a finger to her lips, silencing her.

For a second.

"You can't just-"
"Please just don't tell my father..." Keefe flopped onto one of the couches.
Sophie smiled and kissed Keefe on the cheek. "Alright, you handsome idiot of a person."

Keefe stared at her. "I don't know if I should feel praised or offended..."

"Mignon idiot," Sophie giggled.
"What does that mean?" Keefe complained about not knowing how to understand girls, especially what they say.

"You're not meant to," Sophie informed. Keefe groaned in defeat. "Fine. You called me an Idiot Minion. Whatever THAT means..."

"Close enough," Sophie shrugged. Keefe glanced at her once and relaxed his shoulders. Then, when Sophie was expecting it least, he wrestled her to the ground.

Keefe was panting in enjoyment. Sophie shrieked in delight and they scuffled on the floor. Then when Keefe had her arms pinned on the ground, his knees pressing into her sides, he whispered: "So, what did it mean?"
Sophie had to catch her breath before answering.

"Didn't you take French in school?" She asked. "Well, yes. But I never listened."

Sophie laughed but stopped quickly with a look of pain. Keefe loosened his knees out her ribs.
Sophie saw that as an advantage. She flipped Keefe onto his back and undertook the same manoeuvre as him.

"Woah. Why did I ever underestimate you?" Keefe tried to shift his body but discovered he couldn't. Sophie knew a disturbing amount of information of how to pin someone down.

"You underestimated me?" Sophie asked and pressed her knees harder into his side.
"No," Keefe squeaked. "N-never."

Sophie kissed him. Keefe melted into a puddle of water right then under Sophie.

"Keefe ——— Sencen." A cold voice froze the air.
"Woah," Sophie smirked. "THATS your middle name?"
"Don't mention it..." Keefe grimaced and Sophie scrambled off him.

When Keefe was standing, Cassius grabbed his son by the collar. "Don't touch me," Keefe growled.
"Don't defy me," Cassius answered, throwing Keefe back. He stumbled but didn't fall.
"What is your problem??" Keefe cried, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"You... disobeyed me... and went to that girl's house! I specifically said to not talk to her!" Cassius hollered.

Sophie stood some way away with a look of horror.

"You- you're just... jealous!" Keefe spat out.
Cassius raised an eyebrow. "I can assure you, I am no-"
"Jealous that I have someone and you don't anymore!!!"

Sophie gasped. Keefe's father stepped backwards in shock. This was an even more sore spot than the fact he was a terrible father.

"You don't have someone- but you forget, I don't have Mum either!"
"Don't you dare mention her!" His voice was angry but Keefe heard a slight wavering tone.

"Mum-" Keefe was cut off by Cassius slapping him. Keefe's heart was wrenched out of him right then. Sure, his father had been mean... but he had never hit him. But now he had. And that changed everything Keefe thought about his father.

Keefe growled and slammed open the front door, intending to run away but tripped.

And... tumbled down those many stairs...

Yeah. Anyway.
I'm writing another book so my updates might be slower than usual. This book is called 'Yeesh, you're hot, fireboy'
(It's about a French guy 😉)
Don't ask.

Yeah so if I'm not updating fast enough and you're bored then you can read those sparse chapters. :) thank you for hopefully understanding