17th

Keefe stared.
Then suddenly he was on his feet and fervently apologising.
"No! Keefe-" Sophie tried to cut in but Keefe wasn't done apologising.
"Keefe!" Sophie strode over to him and hugged him, which left him speechless.
Without really thinking about it, Keefe's hand went to Sophie's hair and he stroked it. "Yes, Sophie?" He finally asked when he found his speech.
"I'm sorry about before. About a lot before."
Keefe didn't say anything, he was listening intently. "I was so absorbed into our... argument that... I neglected any help you showed." Sophie took a moment to laugh helplessly into Keefe's chest. Still Keefe stayed silent.
"You first saved me from Fitz! I didn't know how much trouble I was in. Under the table, you..." Sophie trailed off, as if lost in thought. However, Keefe was soundless.
It was a few solid seconds before Sophie realised that Keefe was still here, still holding her, still stroking her hair. "If you hadn't been there..." Sophie whispered and forced herself not to cry by hugging Keefe tighter.
Keefe rested his head on hers. "But I was." Sophie shifted her head a bit higher and murmured, "thank you so much for being there."
Keefe moved his head so that his forehead was on hers. "You're welcome." He thought about kissing her, but remembered that was what he was initially saying sorry for. So, to get rid of the temptation, Keefe pulled away. "Hey, how's Lucy?" He asked.

Sophie looked at the floor. "She ran away," she told him flatly. "Oh. When..?"
"The day before... everything." Keefe saw how Sophie tensed and her voice sounded strained. Sophie was struggling with the flashbacks, and she fell to the floor. Keefe quickly crouched in front of her. "Sophie," he murmured. She was breathing raggedly.

Suddenly Keefe felt so sad.

He pulled Sophie off the ground and hugged her until she was breathing normally. Maybe she was even asleep. Hoping it was the latter, Keefe surrendered and kissed her cheek. Luckily she was asleep. Keefe put her on the couch again and started to walk away. But Sophie woke up immediately and called for him. "What's wrong?" Keefe asked.
"Please don't leave me," Sophie whispered, grabbing his hand. "You make me calm."
"Okay," Keefe agreed. He sat on the floor next to her. Sophie didn't let go of his hand, though. So she fell asleep holding his hand to her cheek. Keefe now realised he wasn't going to go to his bed now. Not when Sophie wouldn't let go.

Keefe lay down somewhat uncomfortably. But Sophie made it bearable. Somehow, he fell asleep... but woke up in the middle of the night to Sophie fearfully calling his name. His hand had slipped out of her grasp. "I'm here, Soph. I'm here," Keefe mumbled. Sophie sighed in relief. "I had a nightmare," Sophie told Keefe. "It was about Fitz."
Keefe dragged himself to stand, exhausted. "I'm going to get you some water."
Sophie squeaked. "Don't leave me!"
"I won't," Keefe promised. As he went into the kitchen, he turned the light on for her.

When he returned, Sophie was sitting on the couch, shivering and pale. "Are you cold?" Keefe asked as he made Sophie drink the water. "Uhh a bit..." she answered. He got a blanket for her. Except she didn't lay down. She still sat there, staring into the distance, haunted by her dream. Keefe watched her for a few seconds before sitting next to her. "Hey," he murmured softly. Sophie glanced at him before moving closer. Ah, Keefe thought, she wants comfort.

So he wrapped an arm around her. Sophie rested her head on his shoulder. She stayed silent, and closed her eyes. And again, fell asleep. This time, Keefe couldn't move. So he fell asleep with his head on hers.

They slept through the rest of the night, somehow, with the light on. Keefe woke up first, and silently crept away. His heart was going crazy and he had to lean on a wall to breathe.

Sophie didn't hate him. And stayed.

He went into his room and got his diary from under his bed.

Diary entry #13

Okaaay
So Sophie DID have concussion. But it's all ok now.

Except that I kissed her.
And BLEW IT AGAIN. She literally said that it was okay, and I walked away.
Why did I walk away?
I have no idea.

Yeah so... then she came to my house and we made up. And she fell asleep.
Also- she would only sleep if I was there. Well... not really actually. Only if we were touching.

She's sleeping well now.

... I really like her.
But she made it clear that I'm just a friend. Which is fine- I'll get over it. Orrrr SHE will like me again...!
Alright I'm desperate.

I'm pretty sure she'll break up with Fitz after... what she's been through. Sophie probably won't want to date after that.
Sad.

I'm just waiting until her parents come back so she can get-

In real life

"What are you doing?"
Keefe froze. Then hastily shoved his diary and pen under his pillow. "N-nothing! Uh- you?" That was so bad. Why is he so bad at lying? Sophie made a confused face. She said something but Keefe was too busy staring at her in awe. "Um, Keefe?"
Keefe snapped out of his trance. "I-yes?"
Sophie laughed and repeated, "Is that your diary?"
Keefe's world crumbled. Sophie, finding about his diary... was not something he had anticipated. "No."
How did she even know he had one?? Sophie smiled. "C'mon Keefe, I know you have one... and that is the one! Although... the title 'Keefe's hair 101' is a very weird name for a diary..."
Keefe winced. "Foster... please, it's not a diary." He didn't look at her when he said that. Sophie sighed and stopped smiling. "Then it's something else you don't want me to see."
Keefe stood up with a start. "Oh- it's nothing like that! Sophie- I mean..." Keefe's voice trailed off as Sophie turned around and left.

"Sophie- wait! Don't go."
Keefe grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. "It's just a misunderstanding!"
Sophie frowned at him. "I don't care- I'm going."
"Wait, Foster... what happened to the girl last night?" Keefe knew he was rushing into a battle unarmed but he decided to go as fast as he could. Sophie smiled a bit. "I was scared," she simply replied. "Oh."
Keefe let go of her arm. So she didn't like him then.

"I guess you can leave-"
Suddenly, Fitz's voice echoed through the house.
"Hey, Keefe. I need to talk to you."

Sophie grabbed Keefe's arm and said, panicked and wide eyed, "I remember that when he was hurting me... he said... he said..." Sophie pulled Keefe closer and continued, "he said you were next."