14th

Diary entry #10

Interesting.
Dex and Tam somehow locked me and Sophie in a cupboard. Dex said that he and him were hoping that we would make up. Well, we didn't. It was very unsuccessful.
And... she isn't jealous yet.
How long is it gonna take? She is so stubborn, and I bet she knows she was wrong. I... am very... tired of waiting.
I'm gonna break up with Sandi.
Soon.
Probably at Fitz's next party. It's coming soon.
Soph is gonna be there...
~Keefster

(A/N Sorry for the short diary entry)

The party~

Turns out Keefe broke up with Sandi earlier than expected. Yeah, he didn't really want to go to the party with her. And also break up in public.
Sandi didn't cry. She had just said, "Cool."
So she definitely didn't like me either, Keefe mused.
Everyone at the party now was dancing and Keefe felt a bit left out. With no one that was his own, who could he dance with? I mean, Keefe pondered, I could ask a stranger... but last time that happened, it ended badly...

Finally done watching couples dance and feeling sorry for himself, Keefe wandered over to the drinks stand. It wasn't really a stand, more like a table with bottles of soda drinks. Keefe poured a cup of lemonade and was about to drink it when something underneath the table hit his leg, causing him to spill his drink. Keefe looked down and saw Sophie's head disappear back under. "What..?" Keefe murmured, about to look under the table. Then, suddenly, Fitz ran towards the table and demanded, "Sophie, you come out RIGHT NOW."
"Noo! You don't actually like me!!" Sophie wailed and Keefe could detect some tone of crying. "I DO!! Sophie, if you don't come out RIGHT NOW I will force you!" Fitz shouted angrily. Everyone stopped dancing, to watch the scene wide-eyed.
There was no movement under the table, except for a few quiet sobs. The amount of movement was what angered Fitz the most. He started to advance towards to the table. Keefe felt so sorry for Sophie. "Hey, Fitz, leave her alone."
His words sunk into the silence.

Uneasily, Keefe glanced around. "Why," Fitz growled, "should I leave her alone?"
"You are embarrassing her, and yourself in a public place. No girl likes that."
Fitz sneered, "and who told you that? You don't really have a lot of experience with girls..."
Everyone around laughed, and Keefe went red. He swallowed nervously. "I..."
"You don't know!!! You don't KNOW ANYTHING!!" Fitz shouted, mocking Keefe. The people around laughed louder and started pointing at Keefe. Under the table, Sophie was still crying. Overwhelmed by the jeering crowd, Keefe started to back away. Then he remembered Sophie. "Fitz, if you were a good boyfriend, then you would know that she needs to be alone."
Keefe's words were soft compared to the commotion that the teenage crowds were making. But Fitz heard it. His face went red with anger. "You don't know anything about relationships," Fitz told Keefe forcibly.
Keefe smiled sadly at Fitz. "I do. I know a lot. I know what the pain feels like when a couple parts..."
Sophie peeked at Keefe. He stood strong, not showing any trace of remaining heartbreak. Which made Sophie sad. It meant there was no way he liked her anymore. "And," Keefe continued, "if you ACTUALLY know so much about relationships, then why are you still here?"
That caught Fitz off guard. "What?"
"You heard me."
Fitz stared at Keefe in pure hatred. Then he turned around and stomped away.

Sophie realised she was safe and came out from under the table. She stood up and was met by Keefe's chest. Sophie didn't realise he was that close. She took a step back. Keefe was smiling at her. Then Sophie remembered that Keefe was supposed to apologise. So, she waited.

Keefe gazed at Sophie and noticed a look of expectancy in her eyes. She shook her head after a while and walked away. She just walked away. No thank you? Keefe stopped smiling.

Happy new year guys!!!