16th

Keefe yawned and stumbled out of bed. He hit the wall and fell on the floor. "Ughh," Keefe groaned and wandered into the kitchen. He got a bowl of cereal and sat at the table.

Sophie

The throbbing pain in her head woke her up. Her eyes opened more easily than last night but it was still very bright. She tried to move her body- and it worked! But she was very sore. Her whole body felt bruised- and it probably was. Sophie shakily sat on the couch she was on. It didn't cross her mind why she was on a couch. She thought she was at her own house. She walked into the kitchen. Then stopped short. A sleepy blonde-haired boy was sitting at the table, shirtless, eating cereal. "Keefe??"
Keefe looked up with the spoon halfway in his mouth. "Huh. I forgot about you. If I had remembered..." He glanced down at his shirtless chest. Sophie went red. Keefe noted Sophie's cheeks and stood up. "I'm going to get dressed. Then... I need to talk to you," he told her. Sophie nodded and watched him leave. Then she sat on the couch again. When Keefe came back, he had a red shirt on. "So, Sophie," Keefe said gently, "what happened..?"
Sophie looked at the ground and swallowed. "Fitz-" she choked out.
Keefe stayed silent.
"Fitz- he... he was angry and... and- pushed me against a wall... and hit me... kissed me..." Sophie was hyperventilating now.
"Hey it's okay.." Keefe murmured and hugged her. "He abused me!" Sophie cried and sobbed in Keefe's shoulder. Keefe stroked her hair. "My head hurts," Sophie mumbled into Keefe's shirt. "Oh yeah. We gotta go to the hospital."

Keefe

It was, indeed, a concussion. All she had to do was rest. Which was good. Sophie insisted that she go to Linh's house and that he come. They got to the house and Sophie disappeared inside Linhs bedroom. So Keefe waited outside. When Sophie came back out, she had different clothes on. "Thank you for letting me borrow this," she was saying. "I really appreciate it."
Keefe stared at Sophie. She looked really good in the red dress she was wearing. Without thinking, Keefe pulled Sophie closer and kissed her. When he stopped, Linh asked him, "did you just kiss Fitz's girlfriend??"
He realised what he had done. Keefe's eyes widened. "Oh- I'm SO sorry Sophie! I- I dunno why I did that- sorry!!" He quickly ran out the room. Keefe slid down the wall with his head in his hands. Soft murmuring occurred inside the house and the front door opened. "Keefe, it's okay," Sophie sat next to him. "You saved me! I owe you a lot."
"You don't owe me anything."
"Aw Keefe. Don't be sad. It wasn't that bad, alright?" Sophie waited for him to look at her, even though he looked with disbelief. "It's ok," she said again.

And for a second, Keefe thought, does she still like me? But that would make everything so complicated- they were still in an argument! She was just happy that she was rescued.

Keefe shook his head and stood up. "No, Sophie. Its not."
He walked away sadly.

Sophie was so confused. She thought, finally, evidence that he liked her! But then he just walked away!!! He can't POSSIBLY still be mad about the argument! Frustrated, Sophie walked back inside. "What happened?" Linh asked, noticing her mood.

Sophie burst into tears.

Keefe punched a wall in anger. How did he always ruin everything? What if he just texted her...

No. Apologising should be in person.

Keefe ran back to Linh's house. He knocked on the door loudly and waited. Linh answered the door, took one look at Keefe and slammed the door in his face. Keefe knocked again, offended. Linh made no move to open the door again so Keefe settled with talking through the door.

"Hey, Sophie? I'm really sorry about how I acted. You had just been hurt badly physically and... you don't need to be hurt emotionally. Please forgive me. But it's ok if you don't. I... will have to deal with it." The last part was mumbled. Then, as a second thought, Keefe added, "and you're welcome to stay at my place."
Which won't happen... but it gave him a little hope.

Then Keefe was standing awkwardly at the door, waiting for a reply that would never come. "Well, I hope you at least consider keeping a friendship with me."

And then he was gone.

Sophie

Inside, Sophie had buried her face in a pillow, hiding her still flowing tears. It's a wonder they haven't dried up.
Even Linh was emotional. But she drew a breath and asked Sophie if she was ok. "I'm f-fine."
"No you're not. You're crying and Keefe just apologised for hurting you, and that was the reason you were crying in the first place!"
Sophie sniffed and sat a little straighter. "Well, we are in a fight and... it's complicated ok?" Sophie answered lamely. Linh rolled her silver eyes. "Yeah, the one that broke you guys up, I know I know." Linh considered her next sentence. "And it wouldn't be complicated if you just realised what he's done for you since! Also, that fight was dumb."

Sophie glared at the pillow in her arms. Maybe Linh was right... but... alright there isn't any buts. Sophie wished she could face Keefe right now but she was a coward. And Keefe... they hadn't kissed since the argument... and it had caused another. I know I like Keefe but... Sophie was thinking, everything romantic seems to shake us apart now.

Maybe it was her turn to apologise.

Keefe

It was 11 pm.
Keefe yawned and tried to move. He didn't know what happened. One second it was 8, but now it was 11. His legs were asleep and he slipped and fell on the floor, causing a loud thump. Pins and needles shot through his legs, making him uncomfortable. His legs were still on the couch he was sitting on, and the rest was on the ground. Every thing was upside down, as Keefe was on his back.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door. And, maybe because he has lost his mind, Keefe shouted for them to come in. But really, what if it had been a mail man? Or someone delivering something.

Instead, a beautiful girl with a red dress was something Keefe should have considered before he realised how he looked, on the floor.