☠︎︎ 4. Phantom of a Pirate ☠︎︎

— there once a house stood

with mother and warm food

a little boy once happy was

in his hand, his mother's cross

that's all that was left of her

when they took her —

The same eerie sound. The same casual urgency in those steps. The same arrogance. Kim knew those steps damn well. The rhythm of them was engraved in his memory since he was twelve. It made his blood boil. The rage rose in his stomach. And, what he hated the most, something that vaguely resembled fear, tug on his heart. But he was no longer twelve, and the fear he felt that day was nothing but a distant memory. Now, all he felt around that lowlife was rage. He was going to take back what was stolen from him. One day, he would.

The steps, as if on purpose, slowed down just when Kim could feel him right behind his back. Kim counted every second. Every shallow breath Porchay took, and then the sound of steps quickened again and slowly faded away in the distance.

"Bastard!" Kim spat as he turned away from Chay and looked in the direction his personal evil went.

"Who was that?" Chay's voice was quiet, but Kim could still hear the fear in its tone.

Good, the little boy should be scared.

"That... is my ultimate target," Kim replied, and to Chay's surprise, he grabbed Chay's wrist and started walking alongside him. "We are almost there. And keep your head down—it seems there's a lot of shit on the streets tonight.

Kim's fingers around Chay's wrist felt like shackles—heavy, bounding, tight... but Chay didn't want to shake them off. They were fine just where they were. Kim's touch, Chay found out, had many forms. It could be ruthless and sudden like the time Kim's fingers grasped on his body and pushed him down into the sand as if he was nothing, just a ragdoll that could be thrown around. It could be demanding and urgent, just like the push Chay had received since they started their voyage from the sea deep into the land. But it also could be firm and protective, just like it was now around his wrist. And Chay was sure there was even more. Kim had his ultimate target... and Chay, he would set himself smaller targets, something achievable, something that would help him better understand the phantom of a pirate. He wondered what those other forms of touches Kim's hands possessed were. He was going to find out.

That was his first, smaller target.

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆